Thread: Has microsoft spies?

Default Has microsoft spies?

Hi to all am new here! and excuse my english please!

I install spybot and ran it for the first time cause everytime I start firefox browser a web appears. This has encountered by spybot:

It is interesting that 2 entries appears of Microsoft,why? Microsoft has spies? What does it means? Can I remove all the spies without fear?

Esteemed Member

If you had searched the forum you would have found many posts explaining these entries. Also if you highlight one of those items, then click on the large grey bar with the two blue arrow heads to the right of the window the information panel slides open, telling you that these are not spyware entries, but simply information that one or other setting in your Windows Security center is not at its default value (you may have changed them deliberately or something else has changed them).

See for example

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=16757

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=87
    Last edited by Rosenfeld; 2007-08-30 at 03:46.

I didn't know how to search, Tx for the links
    I use avast antivirus, but long time ago the @ doesn't appear in the right inferior corner,next the clock and I noted that the antivirus don't actualises (I have the same antivirus in 2 pcs). When I deleted all the problems (including that) with Spybot the next reboot the red shield with X on it appears indicating that my antivirus is not upgradede. Why happens this? It may be that a spy can override my antivirus? Or this is a virus/trojan/worm? Or is the same Avast that indicatres that I cannot have 2 antivireus in the 2 pcs? Now I email avast. Should I recover the regisrty?

In the other side the f****** web continues appearing at the start of my browser. Is www.seriesflash.com.

What can I do? Help please..
    Last edited by firefoxer; 2007-08-30 at 15:36.

Allright all is fixed! I've updated the antivirus and passed in safe mode and encountered Win32:CTX. I removed it and then reboot, the web doesn't appear anymore. Then I click on install/uninstall programs and click on it and then in the option of avast! repair. I rebooted again and then the a-ball appears.
    The only thing I don't understand is why appeared the two messaages of Microsoft.

Tank you.