Thread: malicious software help.

Default malicious software help.

Hello.

I know this is not new or undetected but I have no idea where to put it.

Firstly I would like to say I have used S&D for about a year now. It has kept my system pretty much safe from the webs threats so thank you for that. I can not believe this program is for free.

Any way I downloaded a program a few days ago called DosBox it is supposed to allow you to play old machines on your PC like Commador64. However the Doxbox I downloaded was not DB, it was malicious software called Command Service, well I think that’s it any way. I have done most of what I have read here like start windows XP in safe mode and then run SD. It removed or should I say fixed the problems that it picked up however its still in my system. In task manager my CPU usage is around 100% most of the time my PC in general is running real slow. I get like this black screen come up like 4 or 5 times on desktop then goes away, its to quick to remember what it said. Lastly I think I get things like this pos15AE in my documents folder, there is literal hundreds of them in there. Oh and I get pop ups also.

I know that’s all really badly explained but I hope some one knows what’s going on. I hope some one could help me fix this.

Hello,
    Quote Originally Posted by Crymack View Post
    Any way I downloaded a program a few days ago called DosBox it is supposed to allow you to play old machines on your PC like Commador64. However the Doxbox I downloaded was not DB, it was malicious software called Command Service,
    Interesting, did you download from the vendors site or elsewhere?

If you can find the file/s, please zip and send to: detections(AT)spybot.info (Replace AT with @)

Follow the procedure in this link: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance)
    Start your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum

Once you have posted a helper will advise you as soon as available.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Hello,

Interesting, did you download from the vendors site or elsewhere?

If you can find the file/s, please zip and send to: detections(AT)spybot.info (Replace AT with @)

Follow the procedure in this link: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance)
    Start your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum

Once you have posted a helper will advise you as soon as available.
    Not to sure what a vendors site is, file sharing site possibly? Selling things? If so then no it was just a random site I find after searching for a emulator, ill try and find the location.

Thanks I copied and pasted this thread there.

Hello.

Quote Originally Posted by Crymack View Post
    Not to sure what a vendors site is, file sharing site possibly? Selling things? If so then no it was just a random site I find after searching for a emulator, ill try and find the location.
    DOSbox is open source.

http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...14&postcount=2
    Open source programs are distributed under a license that allows for repackaging and redistribution.

In a nutshell this means the program could be modified by unscrupulous parties to bundle malware and then passed off as the original application.

Download programs from the official web site of the program's developer.
    So that's why I asked where you got it from, if you find the link it might be best to send it to me via PM (private message) just in case its hot.

Cheers.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016