Thread: silent install for 1.5.1

Default silent install for 1.5.1

Hi,

I'm running 1.5.1 on Vista. I'm trying to get it to install silently. The faq for 1.4 made it sound like this should work:

E:\downloads\spybot\spybotsd15.exe /verysilent /noicons

But it didn't. Spybot installed just fine, but I saw all of the dialog boxes and could have canceled the install.

Did the options change for 1.5.1?

Thanks!

Basically, they're the same command line parameters as any InnoSetup installer.

/SP- Disables the This will install... Do you wish to continue? prompt at the beginning of Setup. Of course, this will have no effect if the DisableStartupPrompt [Setup] section directive was set to yes.
    /SILENT, /VERYSILENT Instructs Setup to be silent or very silent. When Setup is silent the wizard and the background window are not displayed but the installation progress window is. When a setup is very silent this installation progress window is not displayed. Everything else is normal so for example error messages during installation are displayed and the startup prompt is (if you haven't disabled it with DisableStartupPrompt or the '/SP-' command line option explained above).
    If a restart is necessary and the '/NORESTART' command isn't used (see below) and Setup is silent, it will display a Reboot now? message box. If it's very silent it will reboot without asking.
    /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES Instructs Setup to suppress message boxes. Only has an effect when combined with '/SILENT' and '/VERYSILENT'.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Hmm. That's not working for me either. Do I need to download a different installer package? I know that I have to get the spybotsd_includes_is.exe, with the _is in the name, to be able to do a silent install. Is it the same for the installer?

Is it the update download showing? In that case, you would probably have to disable this part. You might be interested in this topic on the beta forum about silent installations.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)