Thread: Spybot 1.5 not updating

Default Spybot 1.5 not updating

1.5 is not downloading any updates and it is saying everything is up to date but when I run a scan it says there are no detections in the database. I tried installing the updates manually and it only gave me 31 definitions.

Hello,

Please try this download link: http://www.spybotupdates.com/updates...d_includes.exe

Please run Spybot - Search & Destroy and switch to "Advanced mode" via the menu bar item "Mode" and select "Settings" --> "File Sets" in the left bar. There, please right-click somewhere into the list and choose "select all available checks".

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

I'm going to try this my myself. Thanks
    There is no 100% software solution to safeguarding one's OS setup. Only redundancy in separate media i.e. another HDD, in my case. I clone (Acronis MigrateEasy) my HDD every 2-5wks.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    I'm going to try this my myself. Thanks
    Zapjb:

What?

Going to go off in another direction? Just impatient? No longer want/need help here?

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

No. Sorry for the confusion.

I thought I'd look at:
    Please run Spybot - Search & Destroy and switch to "Advanced mode" via the menu bar item "Mode" and select "Settings" --> "File Sets" in the left bar. There, please right-click somewhere into the list and choose "select all available checks".

To see if I could reverse my action of rt click & excluding later CLSIDs.sbs immunization database updates. I still don't know how to reverse the exclusion.
    There is no 100% software solution to safeguarding one's OS setup. Only redundancy in separate media i.e. another HDD, in my case. I clone (Acronis MigrateEasy) my HDD every 2-5wks.

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

Please try this download link: http://www.spybotupdates.com/updates...d_includes.exe

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot
    That doesnt work.

Since we're not magicians, I have to ask what exactly did not work:
    • You didn't find the advanced mode?
    • You didn't find the Settings bar?
    • You didn't find the Filesets setting?
    • A right-click on the list didn't do anything?
    • After selecting "Select all...", the checkboxes in front of the file sets were still unchecked?
    • All file sets were checked (checkbox in front of them set), but the next scan still showed only 31 results?
    (sorry, but it's usually difficult to help without a few details )
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post

Since we're not magicians, I have to ask what exactly did not work:
    • You didn't find the advanced mode?
    • You didn't find the Settings bar?
    • You didn't find the Filesets setting?
    • A right-click on the list didn't do anything?
    • After selecting "Select all...", the checkboxes in front of the file sets were still unchecked?
    • All file sets were checked (checkbox in front of them set), but the next scan still showed only 31 results?
    (sorry, but it's usually difficult to help without a few details )
    Sorry about the lack of detail. I uninstalled and reinstalled and when I try to have it download the updates when its installing I get this error messege.
    "Error Sending Request. The server name or address could not be resolved."
    I was able to get the new definitions but I dont think it will update it with Spybot. Ill try next Wed to see if it does or not and post back.