Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let's change the name of RunAlyzer !!!

No, I'm afraid I do not really speak Polish; I know just a few hundred words, a few simple sentences and terms like that one (and native Polish speaker speak sooo fast )

And yes, I know about my inbox... the problem is that new PMs just get in faster than I could answer them

"Windows Defender" previously was Microsoft AntiSpyware, and before that imho Giant AntiSpyware. As you can see, "Defender" is even an improvement in terms of recognizability compared to an unimaginative "AntiSpyware". Microsofts amount of press influence is a bit different from ours though
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ajakibs View Post
    Sorry, but - in my opinion - the name "RunAlyzer " is presently simply rubbish and not very funny.
    If AltaVista Babel Fish Translation is working properly, I think that to satisfy ajakibs complaint that "RunAlyzer" is not descriptive enough, I vote that the program should be named to "Abfall".

Now that would have to satisfy ajakibs request, because it would be "... simply rubbish ..." but at least it would be somewhat "... funny ...".

ps: My recommendation is no reflect on the usefulness or the quality of the program. It is just my sick opinion for a "…show of hands" and to satisfying ajakibs request for a name change, because without a name change this thread is likely to go on and on perpetually.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Hi, there and "Dzien dobry" PepiMK

Thanks for your answers.

Well, following our discussion I am coming to conclusion that it is too late to change the name of RunAlyzer. It is a pity that we did not initiated this "linguistic" thread at the beginning of your project.
    But never mind - the life is still going ahead ...

OT: A message to PepiMK: Could you please having a look at the sequence of my rather elementary questions to you given some time ago at the thread "RunAlyzer analysis results" => On line analysis - further questions" within the Forum Section: RunAlyzer Beta.
    Well, in the meantime, I answered to a part of these questions by myself - but if you could completed the answers - I would know (almost) everything about the basic idea of your RunAlyzer program.

By the way: In my opinion, the thread mentioned (i.e. "RunAlyzer analysis result") is a very important for comprehensive understanding how RunAlyzer is functioning. I would strongly recommend it to other participants of our Forum; especially, to those - being newbies in the area (as I am).

P.S. Refers to: md usa Spybot fan post. Please, do forget about my way of using the word "rubbish" in the English language. I have already expressed my sincere apologies related.
    Last edited by ajakibs; 2007-09-19 at 20:22.
    Greetings,
    Ajakibs
    ===========================
    Windows XP Pro (SP-2), Pentium 4.

My 2 bits...

RunAlyzer may not be the most descriptive name, but does it really matter that much? There is a ton of software out there that do not have names that even remotely relate to what they do (mostly in other areas of software outside of malware/spyware removal, but still).

And as for the arguments that its too late to change, I disagree. It'd be easy to link the old name with the new, just state it clearly on the download page and description, as well as other possibilities.

Regardless, short, unique names are ideal. Descriptive and accurate is nice, but I hardly feel its a requirement.

Since it's purpose was to replace the Tools section of Spybot in the future, in 2.0 it's simply called Startup Tools currently
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

How about PoopFinderPro? &#%^@%$# Detective?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ajakibs View Post

Listen guys, we are not children already (and unfortunately) .
    Hi,
    yes, unfortunately we are NOT children YET! So let's work on that SERIOUS problem rather than on the NICE name of the program.

Kind regards

Thumbs up I love the names PepiMK uses!

I like the names Runalizer and Filealyzer and PepiMK is my hero because he shares his programming talent and tools to make the world a better place. So there.
    Last edited by zampaz; 2013-11-17 at 03:35. Reason: completed PepiMK's full user id.