Thread: Hosts File - 1shoppingcart & clickban

Default Hosts File - 1shoppingcart & clickban

I have recently installed Spybot and am impressed with its capabilities!!

However, I am concerned about the 'Hosts File'. Glancing through the list I can understand why many are on the list. I use both 1shoppingcart and clickbank and am concerned about them being on the list and wanted to understand why they are there.

Can anyone help?

Thanks...

1shoppingcart claims that they have addressed the problem here:
    http://forums.spybot.info/archive/in...p/t-18358.html

However the site is still listed by SpyBot. My guess it is because of the tracking done by this site (the same goes for Clickbank).

I came across this post while looking for reasons why 1shoppingcart.com landed on SpyBot's list of sites known for bad behaviour. Like I said, I know it is an affiliate site, so it is obvious it will track clicks that came from 1shoppingcart affiliate links.

What I would like to know, is there any other reason why it is listed in SpyBot? 1shoppingcart.com obviously did not solve the problem, otherwise it would have been de-listed in SpyBot right?
    Cyber Top Cops

Hello,

Clickbank is a tracking cookie.
    It is quite common for popular websites to employ such tracking cookies from third parties. They use them in order to track the users' surfing habits on their websites. As I said, these cookies are from third parties but they are employed by the site.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot