Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't immunize some items?

Quote Originally Posted by barebear View Post
    I Just updated and when I tried to immunize, found that in the Windows section there is an item Global (Hosts) that shows 181 items unprotected along with 6367 that are protected.

Please refer to the attached .jpg .

I have tried Immunize several times to no avail.

Please advise if this indicates a problem in my system and what to do to get these items immunized.

I am running Firefox 2.0.0.7 and Spybot 1.5 on XP SP2 fully updated. In case it is of significance, my antivirus is Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Premium.

I did look at the FAQ's before posting this, but what I found involved other operating systems.

Thanks in advance for any/all help and advice
    Be careful to check the ignore lists. I found three checked, two instances of CDilla, plus another which I've forgotten. Just check the all list and carefully look for checkmarks. This badware will not be checked by SSD, my question, why are these 3 items marked ignore by SSD from the factory?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

b4dawn:

In Spybot 1.5 the products CDilla and SiteStep are ignored by default. See the following thread for more information:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default Problem solved!

Greetings md usa spybot fan et al.,

I am happy to report that shutting down SpySweeper before immunizing ( I actually shut it down even before searching for updates ) has eliminated the problem of not all items immunizing. Just to note , the one that was giving me the problem was the "Global Hosts" section.

Best regards, Peter