Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spybot 1.5 and cookies

Default Spybot 1.5 and cookies

Does spybot screw with cookies because i can't login to a web site because it keeps telling me i don't have accept cookies but i do have it set for that site.

Hello,

Please open the Tools menu in your Internet Explorer and choose 'Spybot - Search Destroy Configuration'.
    There you will find a drop down menu where you should select "Ask for blocking confirmation".
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/s...d15/index.html (3rd picture)
    If you want to visit a blocked website choose "Allow". Hope this solves the problem.
    If this doesn't work please run Spybot-S&D and select "Spybot-S&D" --> "Immunize" in the navigation bar on the left. Please hit "Undo".
    Then choose 'Tools' from the navigation bar on the left and untick the checkbox in front of the 'SdHelper'.

But Warning: now the bad downloads won't be blocked any longer! Maybe you have to restart your computer now. Then try again to open your favourite pages. Don't forget to "immunize" again after visiting that page.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

both my vista laptop and XP tower have this problem but my old XP Home laptop doesn't. I have spotbot 1.5 installed on all of them. Under tools i see the menu you said but it only has settings and allowed&blocked tabs. The tower has 3 cookies blocked but the laptop has none and i can get into the site with that
    Last edited by dagger666; 2007-09-24 at 12:08.

Do you have the drop down menu(it has a little arrow) there,or are the tabs blank?It would be under the settings tab.
    http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/9519/untitledfx2.jpg

Ok did that and went to the site it did not ask me about the cookies. This is the site if you want to test it yourself

http://bb.newyorkrangers.com/idealbb/login.asp
    Last edited by dagger666; 2007-09-24 at 23:09.

Glad you could get on the site.
    It didn't ask me about cookies,either.

No i went to the site and it did not ask for cookies but would not let me in again. Only my old laptop can get access to the web site. Could the flash player be blocking it, i'm confussed. When this happend before i just delted the cookie and it would stick a new one on but this time it doesn't work. How do i get XP to forget the password?

This is what i get

Your login failed.
    You must have cookies enabled in your web browser in order to login to this bulletin board. Without having your web browser setup to allow cookies, you will be able to browse this bulletin board, but not login.
    Last edited by dagger666; 2007-09-26 at 19:42.

I notice anything I clicked on there kept taking me back to the login page(clicking help,home and so on)I have both first and third party cookies set to Allow in IE.And,the sdhelper doesn't seem to be blocking it either,from the looks of it.Do you think the password that's being automatically filled in for you might be wrong?What version of Internet Explorer do you have,7?
    What firewall do you use on your Vista laptop and your XP desktop?I remember there used to be a firewall that also blocked cookies.

IE 7, Comodo Firewall, Does Avast do anything with cookies the home version? So are you saying you registered but could not gain access either. I tried to re register with another email but haven't received any conformation email yet and that was days ago. I'm pretty sure XP just did an upgrade to some software detection thing on XP. i'm also using teatime
    Last edited by dagger666; 2007-09-27 at 21:01.

No,I didn't register.Niether Comodo firewall or Avast block cookies,that I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by dagger666
    How do i get XP to forget the password?
    This page has instructions for clearing passwords in IE 7.
    http://kb.iu.edu/data/alcx.html
    But,if you don't want passwords for other webpages deleted,it might be better just to try clearing the password manually,and retype it in.Or,click the Forgot Password button to have the password emailed to you.
    Last edited by Zenobia; 2007-09-27 at 22:55.