Thread: Little problem after update 1.5

Post Little problem after update 1.5

As I wrote in title, after update, when I start my dialup connection (56k), after modem handshake when start the "authentication" phase my pc "almost" hang for about 1 or 2 minute (in this phase), it doesn't matter 'cause everything go ok and connection is good... but wait so much the authentication...
    I have seen that in this moment the process "services.exe" go up 99% and stay there until end authentication.
    Before update was everything ok... and on my notebook (I've not update too) every thing go well and quick too...

Thx for all

I've tried also update Spybot exe with the last in beta, but nothing change...

Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    I've tried also update Spybot exe with the last in beta, but nothing change...
    Did you try this?
    Whatever I say, it's not my fault.

Exactly that ! ...but I've obtained nothing...

...now I' don't understand very well, 'cause I've seen this problem just after update to last version of spybot.

But now I ask me, why do I get same problem also if teatimer is unloaded... ?! I think that if I don't load spybot and teatimer I must have no more problem... isn't it ?! Unless installing spybot we change something other in the system...

thx for all

Ps. my system:

S.Op. : Windows 2k (correctly patched until last, or almost I think...)
    Antivirus: Avg (last)
    Firewall : ZoneAlarm (last)
    Spyware : Spybot (of course lol )
    512mb ram

...to give a precise information pc almost hang in the phase just after authentication, when message box give "...access to the network..." (or something write like this)

thx

Some new...

..I've seen this problem is due to the change applied at host file. I' don't now really well how the line appended to file host by spybot interact with dialup connection when access the network, but it's sure that if I replace it with the original host file everything work fast and fine (maybe here some expert could explain us ). I think that for those have DSL line <fast> this isn't problem... else it could be...

thx for all