Thread: scheduled task runs w/o progress window.

Default scheduled task runs w/o progress window.

Hi all,

I have scheduled SB to run with /autoupdate /autocheck /autofix and /autoclose.

I run the task as: "NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM" with no password.

It runs hidden meaning that no progress windows show as they do when SB is run on the desktop, even when your logged in.

question:
    1. is this normal?
    2. Is this because i'm running as: "NT AUTHORITY/SYSTEM" and not under my own account?
    2. Is there a parameter to allow SB run in scheduler to display the progress panel in a window on the desktop when your logged in?

Obviously, displaying anything would not make any sense when there are no users logged in. There does not seem to be any parameter to allow this when your logged in.

regards,

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonm View Post
    Obviously, displaying anything would not make any sense when there are no users logged in. There does not seem to be any parameter to allow this when your logged in.

• /taskbarhide
      Runs Spybot-S&D completely hidden (no window, no taskbar icon), so make absolutely sure you use it only in combination with /autoclose (otherwise it would remain in memory sitting idle). Useful only in combination with /autocheck, /autoupdate or /autoimmunize, as it cannot be controlled when completely invisible.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

I'm looking for a parameter that allows for the display of the SB progress window when your logged in.

/taskbarhide hides SB in the task bar.

Since the scheduled SB task is not using the /taskbarhide parameter, I'm guessing that the reason i'm not seeing SB in the task bar is that i'm logged into my account and the scheduled SB is being run under the SYSTEM or "another" account.

regards,