Thread: 1.5 Setup file corrupt

Default 1.5 Setup file corrupt

I have tried a few times now over the last few days to install version 1.5 from Download.com and the safer networking mirrors. It seems that the download completes with the correct size. When you attempt to install though using the exe it says something along the lines of "Setup files Corrupt and says retry basically. Well this is attempt 4 over the last 2 days and I can't seem to get it to work. I did a quick scan on the topics and it doesn't seem that anyone else has had this problem so I am a bit complexed. Whats up?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reidlos65 View Post
    It seems that the download completes with the correct size.
    The best way to check if a file downloaded correctly is to compare the MD5 hash value of the downloaded file with the published MD5 hash value. Is the MD5 hash value of the downloaded spybotsd15.exe file?
    • 9286D3952F8CB08AD1BB4F3122E144CC

To check you can use one of these programs (note: The download for MD5 Checker 2.31 is only 23892 bytes, so if you are having problems downloading that may be the best option):
    Last edited by md usa spybot fan; 2007-09-27 at 07:52.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Btw, another quite elegant solution (since it integrates into Explorer, thus allows hash check without running an "extra" program first) to check and compare hashes is HashTab (just found it a few days ago ).
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Exclamation Different MD5

I have this one

C92780F50B8BB7A89E919585916494A9

with version 1.5.1.15

I have XP Pro SP2 and am receiving the invalid floating point error.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Mattecamp:

The MD5 the you cited (C92780F50B8BB7A89E919585916494A9) appears to be the MD5 of the SpybotSD 1.5.1.15.exe program not the installation program (spybotsd15.exe) that was being discussed in this thread.

I suggest that you review the following thread that deals with the potential causes of the error message "Invalid Floating Point Operation":

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.