I was updating my Dell drivers the other day, and during the final stages of installing the R151519.EXE update, Spybot's Resident popped up and blocked one of the registry's it was trying to create/update on my PC, sabotaging the installation.

Soon after an error popped up saying.

"WIRELESS CONFIGURATION: Notification DLL has not been Registered"

I clicked OK, and tried to install the update again, but this time, at about 15% completion, another error popped up on screen "update 455" and it closed the installation.

in any case, I rebooted my PC and I got even more errors during the startup...

The first error is a "Windows Activation" error. I've already activated my copy of XP about seven months ago. So i was a bit confused. I clicked yes out of pure curiosity, and it brought me up to the next window saying, "you have already registered your product"... whatever...
I clicked OK and windows finished rebooting.

The second error is actually a group of errors. I was unable to read all of them at once because they pop and go away too fast, but the last one is a LSASS error.

In any case, the wltray, which was working before spybot decided to do it's thing, is not on my utility tray any longer. And when I connect to the internet using Windows Default Wireless Utility Tray, I'm unable to stay connected for more than 8 minutes and 32 seconds...

And on top of all this, I have a leak somewhere on my PC. and my PF usage grows to 1.65gb in about 25 minutes.

I tried uninstalling Spybot, but it left Resident on the PC so it didn't really do anything.

Resident screwed up my Registry and I need someone to help me fix it.

my laptop is an Inspiron 1501, using XP, 1gig of ram, with a Turion64 processor...

hopefully all the information above is enough for someone here to help me out.

Cheers,

-Josh