I'm having some auto-update issues with ZoneAlarm Security Suite 7.0.423 and I traced it down to TeaTimer 18.104.22.168. Here's what happens:
- ZA gets its update files and stores them in C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\Updates as a zip file
- ZA then unpacks the zip file and creates a bunch of temp directories and files in the same directory above
- ZA applies its updates
- ZA attempts to delete the temp files *it* created and it fails because TeaTimer is keeping these files locked
1) Why does TeaTimer even lock these temp files?
2) Why doesn't TeaTimer ever release these locks? I waited and waited and used Unlocker to check the locks on these temp files and they were still there for a long time. They didn't go away until I killed TeaTimer.
This looks like a bug to me somewhere in TeaTimer where it forgets to unlock some files.
Could you please look into it? Thanks.