Thread: Innoculations

:-( Rio de Janeiro, RJ & ;-) Porto Seguro, Bahia

Default Innoculations

:
    Quote Originally Posted by justmebrad View Post
    Hello, I seem to be having trouble with Immunizing my computer. I get prompted to have Admin Rights before i can immunize. I am the Administrator on the computer and I have also right clicked on the program and used the "Run As Adminstrator" option but still nothing seems to change when I try to immunize, i keep getting the same message. I have reinstalled the product aswell.

Please help!

My problem and experience is Exactly the same - OS Vista Home Premium (32-bit). Should all the boxes be checked for immunize? Thanks for your goood work, I know you will make better...

Tom

e
    Last edited by tashi; 2007-10-04 at 05:35. Reason: Split off from another topic

Hello unpluged, I think you got a little lost.

Removed from the Malware Forum:
    Quote Originally Posted by unpluged View Post
    WAITING ROOM RIGHT? The colored border around the windows I open on my desk top are loosing their color and now, after a week or so, are becoming quite transparrent - a little more every day... Sound Familiar? -NEXT- I have 1.5. Any good reason to continue with 'Spy Sweeper' and 'Norton'? Seems like if one is good three is worse... My OS is Vista Home Premium 32-bit, comes with Windows Defender.

What do you recomend I do? Tom:
    The colored border around the windows I open on my desk top are loosing their color and now, after a week or so, are becoming quite transparrent - a little more every day... Sound Familiar?
    That could be a hardware problem, video card for instance.
    -NEXT- I have 1.5. Any good reason to continue with 'Spy Sweeper' and 'Norton'? Seems like if one is good three is worse... My OS is Vista Home Premium 32-bit, comes with Windows Defender.
    Spybot-S&D is an anti spyware program, not an anti virus program, so it can't be compared with Norton.

Norton is a resource hog and there are other good programs to choose from for AV protection.

Please see:
    So how did I get infected in the first place?

Anti Virus Programs

Spy Sweeper has different versions, is yours with or without the Anti-Virus included?
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Cool Trouble in Rio

The colored area around the windows I open on my desktop is changing to transparent, a little more every day, for about two weeks now, sound familiar? What to do? Thanks for everything, Tom
    Last edited by tashi; 2007-10-04 at 16:00. Reason: Two topics merged

Default more info

tashi, My spysweeper is without Anti-Virus included. Thanks for helping, Tom
    Last edited by tashi; 2007-10-05 at 16:52. Reason: Moved and merged from the Tavern

Hello.

In your PM you said the Norton anti virus is not working.

It is likely the machine is infected, and until that is determined answers to any questions will be guessing, so please do the following.

Follow the procedure in this link:
    "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance)

Then start your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum and a helper will advise you when available.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016