Thread: Home LAN Help

Default Home LAN Help

Hi, I have made a LAN on my home with 3 pc's
    One of them works like a proxy server, and the others are connected to it.

I do this, because i dont want the 2 pc's to download exe's or zip's just for security...
    How can I update spybot on those computers without letting them download directly from internet the updates?

There's a config or soft or something that I can do on the proxy-pc to deploy those updates or a config on spybot to search on the proxy-pc for updates?a

thanks

Hello,

Please run Spybot - Search & Destroy and switch to the Advanced mode via the menu item Mode.
    Now select 'Settings' - 'Settings' from the navigation bar on the left.
    Locate the Use proxy entry in the Automation - Web update category, and activate it.

This information is also available in our How-To section (including a screenshot):
    http://www.spybot.info/en/howto/proxy.html

2. Please check your firewall. Most people who do not have problem #1 do have Spybot-S&D accidentally blocked in their firewall.
    Please make sure that these IP's are not blocked by your firewall:

security.kolla.de (update info file): 212.227.118.106
    www.safer-networking.org (alternate for above): 212.227.253.104
    www.see-cure.de (main updates currently): 80.190.250.239

3. If nothing else works, you can still use the manual updater, which is available on our website: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html - the Detection Update.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Thanks for the answer, but, can I put updates on the proxy pc, and make the other ones search for updates con the proxy pc? (without searching on internet)