Thread: Opera/Lost Tracking Cookies

Default Opera/Lost Tracking Cookies

Have cookies and tracking cookies unchecked. Downloaded and immunized latest updates and lost all tracking cookies. Didn't not scan for problems....guess Spybot really doesn't like Opera....any suggestions other than dumping Opera?

No, don't dump Opera...........dump Spybot.

At least, dump the latest version and go back to version 1.4 until all these bugs in the newer version are sorted out.

Version 1.4 is still being updated ok, so no problem there.

I have gone back to 1.4, use Opera and have no problems with the two working together, although the new version 1.5 gave untold woe.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king malcolm View Post

... the new version 1.5 gave untold woe.
    king malcolm:

Rather than just dismissively advise others to just dump the use of Spybot 1.5, perhaps you would consider elaborating on your "... untold woe.", so that the problems that you apparently experienced can be corrected.
    Last edited by md usa spybot fan; 2007-10-05 at 23:17.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Look at my previous posts.

Default Back to 1.4

Quote Originally Posted by king malcolm View Post

At least, dump the latest version and go back to version 1.4 until all these bugs in the newer version are sorted out.

Version 1.4 is still being updated ok, so no problem there.

I have gone back to 1.4, use Opera and have no problems with the two working together, although the new version 1.5 gave untold woe.
    Thanks Malcom...i had already decided on the solution you suggested.. ...Being facetious about dumping Opera....love Spybot...but not enough to dump Opera....

To Spybot Fan...my problems with 1.5 have all been cookie related...Spybot loves to clean cookies without explanation. Have posted questions in the forum before...but if Opera is the browser involved,more often than not the question goes unanswered...that is why i dumped Spybot....didn't think anyone would respond to my question...back to 1.4...think i will wait for 1.6....thanks again Malcom

Unhappy Deleting Opera Cookies ...once again

Went back to 1.4 was working fine with Opera....but after the latest update....deleted all Opera cookies....Will SpyBot ever play nice with Opera? Works fine with IE and Fox. Any suggestions to avoid deleting Opera cookies when running scan appreciated.