Thread: two questions

Unhappy two questions

#1 when starting spybot s&d from the start menu icon (or any icon) with admin user permission the program will not start. The spybot mini dialog box with the moving green bar will come up but stop when the green bar indicates processing is almost done. Sometimes I have to restart my pc to get spybot working.

#2 Running spybot in advanced user mode...I looked in the "tools" "tab". The file shredder is gone! What happened to that? I really liked that feature of spybot so I could shred my internet cookies and cache on a regular basis without having to run a complete scan.

My computer: Win Vista home premium // amd turion 64x2 1.60ghz // RAM 1GB [actual 959mb] // 32 bit

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

jeremiah1778:

re: Question #1

What version of Spybot are you running? Please go into Spybot > Help About. If you are running SpybotSD.exe Version 1.5.1.15, the problem may just be that Spybot takes an extremely long time to start. Spybot taking a long time to start is a recognized problem that has been corrected with a beta version of the program (SpybotSD.exe Version 1.5.1.16). That version is available as a download in the following tracking task thread:

If you try that version you will be able to determine if there are additional problems with Spybot starting or if your problem has been resolved.

re: Question #2

The shredder was removed from Spybot 1.5, but will probably be put back. See:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.