Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smitfraud-C Plus Other Issues - At Wit's End!

Security Expert-Emeritus

Ok look very good now.

You don't seem to have a third-party firewall installed. You must install one firewall.
    It is possible that you're using the Windows XP firewall. That is of course better than nothing but I recommend that you install a more advanced firewall that gives more protection. Windows firewall doesn't eg protect your computer from inbound threats. This means that any malware on your computer is free to "phone home" for more instructions. Remember to use only one firewall at the same time. I'll give you a few alternatives if you want to install a third-party firewall:

These are good (free) firewalls:

You don't have an antivirus on your computer, you must install one antivirus. Otherwise you'll get infected again.

These are good (free) antiviruses:

Also one or more of the identified infections may have stolen information. If this system is used for online banking or has credit card information on it, all passwords should be changed immediately. Banking and credit card institutions, if any, should be notified of the possible security breech. I suggest that you read this article too.

Post a one more HijackThis log after you've installed antivirus & firewall.
    MalWare Removal University - You too could train to help others
    UNITE & ASAP member since 2006

rocket1981, due to lack of a response to your helper, this topic has been archived.

If you need it re-opened, please send me a private message (pm) and provide a link to the thread. Applies only to the original poster, anyone else with similar problems please start a new topic.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016