Thread: Spybot 1.5.1.15 very slow.

Default Spybot 1.5.1.15 very slow.

Has something changed in last couple of updates. I have windows 2k OS and AVG Free Edition Antivirus, plus Athlon XP 2000 and 2GB of RAM. It seems like running spybot and teatimer that start up of spybot program was faster and it hangs other programs now sometime not responding unless I put priority to High. The startup of program with tea timer already running seem to take almost one minute. Has something changed to be more CPU intensive? Maybe I am just too impatient. Steve

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

The slow startup of Spybot 1.5.1.15 is a known problem and has already been addressed. See the following tracking task (which includes a link for a fix to the problem with SpybotSD.exe 1.5.1.16):

In addition there is another beta version of Spybot 1.5 that solves the slow start as well as other known problems that have been encountered since the original release of Spybot 1.5:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.