Thread: Update Window missing after beta fix

Default Update Window missing after beta fix

I installed version 1.5 shortly after it's release. There were no problems, with the exception of a slow startup. I updated a couple of times afterwards, and saw the update window. When the slow startup issue was addressed, I downloaded the zip and as instructed, copied the spybotsd.exe and domains.sbs, to what I thought to be the appropriate folders. Spybot started right up. However, with the following updates, I no longer saw the update window. It updated the same way the previous version did. No window. Although I haven't installed the updates today, when checking for them, I am still missing the window. Any clue as to why? What file/s are responsible for the update window? (FWIW - if it's the External updater/update.exe, it indicates file version 1.4.0.5 )

Thanks in advance..
    Carol

Carol

I see no one has answered your post within the past 4 days. I can't say for sure what happened. Something tells me you don't want to uninstall Spybot, reinstall it and then apply the fix again. But I would try it anyway, since nothing else was offered. No doubt, you'll get your update window back. Hopefully, it won't disappear again, with the next update, as it did before.

Thanks! Took your suggestions and got my update window back. I too hope I won't lose it again come Wednesday. :