Thread: over concerned

Default over concerned

Can one have too much protection?I have avast antivirus,Spybot S and D,Comodo and SpywareDoctor installed on my Windows XP machine.Is this too much,will they conflict with each other?Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by tashi; 2007-10-19 at 16:43. Reason: Moved from Spybot-S&D's Small tools forum

Hi there.

This topic may be helpful: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=18564

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

I can't say (and I doubt that anyone else can) whether any of the programs you listed will conflict ... that may depend on your particular configuration. but ... with that many running (with a high background load) I'm certain your machine would run faster if you chose one of each type and configured it to run on demand rather than as a filter for everything you and your computer does.
    Teaching a pig to sing wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Almost looks good to me. One firewall (make sure Windows' is off). One ant-virus (more than one don't play nice together). Spybot S&D (a must!). But! Spyware Doctor ain't what it used to be. Now it's just another piece of bloatware like Norton turned into. SD Version 5 came out the middle of March and still isn't right. I ditched it with 6 months subscription left because it rendered my system unusable.
    DELL Latitude C600/Pent III/1.0Ghz/10Gb/256Mb/WinXPro SP2/FF20016&IE6/
    Zone Alarm / avast! / Spybot S&D, SuperAntispyware, Malwarebytes & Spyware Blaster