Thread: Teatimer and Resident for Vistas Home Premium

Question Teatimer and Resident for Vistas Home Premium

Hi
    I am running Vista Home Premium on a AMD Athlon x2 4600, 160 hd, 2 gigs ram, onboard nvidia, and i have been advised to download and install S&D 1.5 , but not to use Teatimer or Resident.

I had some issues with 1.4 since i activated tea timer and resident as i had run it on win 98. Registry changes notifications were always coming up on program installations.

Can you advise. I have not installed it yet it is on my desktop, i deleted 1.4 used the fix, but 1.4 is still in the recycle bin?

kind of confused.
    thanks

i re registered with changing isp providers,i could not get my password reset, is there a way i could find my old posts, not that it has anything to do with this, just for history?
    Last edited by Lowchen; 2007-10-25 at 02:53. Reason: question

Hello,

So what do you want to do?
    Activate TeaTimer now?

- Go into Spybot - Mode - Advanced Mode - Tools - Resident.
    - Check the following: Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) Active.

It is normal that TeaTimer show notifications when you install a program. Therefore is the TeaTimer - to show you all the changes in the registry.

Please read this information about TeaTimer:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/33.html
    and http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/34.html
    If you surf the web and without any user interaction the teatimer pops up and warns about a registry change it is better to "deny", but if you install something by yourself it is OK to "allow" the change.

To have a look at your old posts we would have needed your old user name.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Thanks

I have kind of been advised to avoid tea timer so i have just installed 1.5 for now, should i now delete 1.4 from the recycle bin,?
    thanks
    my old email addres was g o l l i e -at -m h t c . n e t, without going back into some cd's i'm not sure of the user name until i search further.

Hello,

You can delete the old version now.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot