Thread: Spybot 1.5.1.17 Program Closes When Deleting "MS Office 9.0, Recently Used Files"

Default Spybot 1.5.1.17 Program Closes When Deleting "MS Office 9.0, Recently Used Files"

1. Spybot version 1.5.1.17 program closes immediately when deleting "MS Office 9.0, Recently Used Files" usage track, but this (immediate closing of version 1.5.1.17) never occurred with version 1.4. Is also does not occur if I re-install and use version 1.4 after using verison 1.5.1.17.

2. Upon the premature closing of the Spybot 1.5.1.17 program in item #1, no record exists in Spybot's "Recovery" to indicate that any usage tracks were deleted.

Item #1 does not occur when deleting other usage tracks. No spyware exists when scanned; I'm using spybot 1.5.1.17 with Windows 2000 Professional.

Since the problem does not occur with Spybot version 1.4, the "Search result list" seems moot, yet since the "Search result list" is so long, its partial list is as follows:
    --- Search result list ---
    MS Office 9.0: Recently used files (17 files) (Directory, nothing done)
    C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Recent\

Congratulations!: No immediate threats were found. ()

--- Spybot - Search & Destroy version: 1.5 (build: 20071005) ---

--- System information ---
    Windows 2000 (Build: 2195) Service Pack 4 (5.0.2195)

Default Ditto

I've had this happen intermittently (I run Spybot daily), perhaps 3 out of 5 uses, and I, too, am curious to learn the cause.

I don't see a single directory flagging detection rule anywhere in the usage tracks detections, neither in product "MS Office 9.0" nor elsewhere.
    I went ahead anyway and updated the usage tracks folder cleaning method to be identical to the spyware folder cleaning method, since that one clearly works and two different cleaning methods are no longer required since I updated the shredding parts.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)