Thread: Run program on system startup

Default Run program on system startup

I'm happy to run the programme when the system is first opened up, (ie computer switched on) but with this option selected in the Settings it also runs everytime you log off and log on again. As 1.5.1 is rather slow booting up this effectively paralyses the system for a couple of minutes while you are waiting for Spybot to reach a point where you can cancel the scan.

Is there a way of setting Spybot to run only when the system is started, and not at change of logged on user?

Grateful for any ideas.

Hello Simonc,

just enter Spybot-S&D, go to "Settings" -> "Settings" and in the list to the section "Automation"
    Here you can adjust Spybot-S&D to your wishes.
    You have to be in advanced mode to be able to see the Settings tab. The mode can be switched, when you click on the "mode" tab in the main bar.

Let's assume for a moment that I'm not a complete idiot or a time waster and that I have in fact already discovered that you can go into advanced mode and alter the settings.

Here I have gone to the System start set of options and selected "automatically run program at system startup". This leads to the undesirable effect of it running everytime there is a change of login. (See original message.) Please can anyone suggest if there is a way of changing the settings to prevent this happening.

Default Run at startup

You might try selecting the next choice down on the list, "Run program once at next system startup". Instead of running it at every startup. I interpret it to mean to run it at only the system startup and not when operator changes long in or log out. Just a suggestion.