Thread: undertonenetworks pop-under ad

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Esteemed Member

To extend bubba's idea a bit further, I tried the dallasnews.com site after adding it to the IE Restricted Sites. This supresses several things in addition to the Active Script, but only affects the one site instead of all sites. It seems to work ok and blocked both the initial survey pop-up and the banner advertisements, though the pages look a bit different.

To give this a try, click 'Tools' on the menu bar above and select Internet Options, click the Security Tab, then Restricted Sites and finally the Sites button just below. In the Restricted Sites dialog box enter dallasnews.com, click the Add button, then OK to close both Dialog boxes and aaccept the new site.

Now most undesired effects should be blocked, though this will also affect the saving of customizations and possibly other things. To remove the Restricted Site item, just repeat the above, find and highlight the dallasnews.com entry in the Web sites list and click Remove.

There are also many free popup blockers out there that allow you to keep your functionality --without puttin up with the garbage...:D

Thanks bubba for the suggestion. Bitman...thanks for trying out that site. What a pain it is, but, the way I get the local news and columnists. I appreciate the detailed instructions.

Best regards,
    Mike