Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Please Help Remove Virtumonde

Its most likely a problem with the registry, i agree. I used a reg cleaner a while back without really considering the consequences. That probably killed a few necessary files. The process that causes the cpu jump is always the internet program im using. I use both IE and firefox interchangably depending on what i want to do. IE is fast, so i use it for simple tasks such as getting pictures or checking email. But ill use firefox for more complicated things because its safer. Im sure you know the process names for firefox and IE.

Usually when it happens, ill open up the task manager to see what is doing the lagging. Every time its been the internet program.

And yes i do have that folder

The cpu usage only seems to jump when im using something that would be a little more demanding of the internet process. Example, viewing this page does not trigger it because the usage of IE right now is very very low. But if im using something a little more demanding, that would normally have a usage of around 20%, then the jumps start.

Ok i ran that registry thing. Not sure if it did anything, but theres only one way to find out!

Emeritus-Security Expert

Its most likely a problem with the registry,
    You may have messed up your registry, removing items in the registry can sometime lead to disasters, not sure what you removed or did to your system. I have been into computing since windows 3.1 and never had any use for any of those type programs, they can be fatal in the wrong hands.

We need to make sure all hidden files are showing :
    • Click Start.
    • Open My Computer.
    • Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
    • Select the View tab.
    • Under the Hidden files and folders heading select Show hidden files and folders.
    • Uncheck the Hide file extensions for known types option.
    • Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.
    • Click Yes to confirm.
    • Click OK.

Once your system is clean, we suggest that you reverse this to keep critical windows files from accidently being deleted.

Go to this site Jotti Upload and under the browse feature, browse to these files

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ccefdec3_d.dll
    C:\WINDOWS\Inst9753.exe

Then click on Submit and it will give you a report, post the report in your next reply.

The program I asked you to run will not fix the registry, it just checks for missing or corrupt windos files and replaces them if needed.
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-2014

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue

Just a reminder that threads will be closed if no reply in 3 days.

Nothing was found in either of the files.

Emeritus-Security Expert

Your system appears free of malware so what your experiencing is most likely a windows problem , since this forum is for the removal of malware only , this is as far as I can go. Your need to post in one of the forums I am listing, be sure you tell them that you posted here and we removed a Vundo infection along with some other malware, be sure to tell them also that you ran a registry cleaner and it may have messed up your system a bit.

Windows Tech Support Forums

It's Not Always Malware

Speedup Windows

Windows Tips

Ken

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue

I just want to check with you about this one. On the bleepingcomputer forum, somebody gave me this information. They were not staff, just some guy, so i just wanted to make sure that he knows what hes talking about before i go doing anything.

This is what he said:

"you can try running cleanup

burn it to cd and install then run it

http://www.stevengould.org/index.php......29&Itemid=1

or try chkdsk /r
    start/run click ok

type the letter Y press enter

disregard the chkdsk message/warning.....restart your computer
    this takes about 1 to 2 hours
    do not disturb this"

Emeritus-Security Expert

The Cleanup Program is similar to running CCleaner, it just cleans temp files , cookies and things of that nature, has nothing to do with your registry.

chkdsk <-- is a safe program to run, its built into windows, what it does is checks your drive for errors mainly in the file system, it to has nothing to do with the registry.

http://downloads.zdnet.com/download.aspx?docid=272002
    You can try this program and see if it helps, just remember that this is your call and proceed at your own risk.

Good Luck,
    Ken

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue

When i got my computer, it came with two burned disks. One is labeled Aspire 5102 WLmi Recovery Disk 1 of 2. The other is 2 of 2. Would these help fix the problem? Ive never used recovery disks so i dont even know what these do