Thread: Spybot does not TOTALLY immunize everything

Question Spybot does not TOTALLY immunize everything

Hello,

I've noticed a problem tonight under Immunize. Both my laptop & desktop refuse to TOTALLY Immunize. No matter how long I let it run, I'm left with 54 "unprotected" on my laptop & 72 left "unprotected" under my desktop. Under previous versions of Spybot, I never had a problem immunizing "all". What could be causing this?

OS is Windows XP & running Spybot version 1.5.1.15 with latest detections dated 10/31/07 on both computers.

Thanks,
    LS

I'm having a similar problem on Vista. SB pops up an alert saying I do not have administrative rights on this system, but the account I am using is the admin account (as well as the only account) on my comp. When I try to immunize it gives me a similar warning saying I need to run Windows as the administrator to perform this action and then it leaves approximately 2000 items unprotected. I'm running ver. 1.5.1.16 last updated 10/31.

Thanks,
    ALe¤n

Hello,

If you are not immunizing with full administrator rights, Spybot-S&D might not have enough permissions to fully immunize
    all user accounts.

If you are using Windows Vista, you should also read this FAQ entry about getting Administrator rights under Vista.

As a current solution you can try to "Undo" the Immunisation. Now the bad products are allowed.
    Then "Immunize" again. This should solve the problem for now.

Some more information is availible in our forum:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...d=1#post117162
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=78

Another thing though is that immunization only works properly while your browser is closed, since otherwise your browser will overwrite immunization from time to time from the settings it loaded when it was started.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Sybot