The scheduled scans are saying spyware was detected, and then it says no spyware was found! I set sounds for when spyware is detected and when everything is ok. I checked that both the sounds I have set are very different for each event. And after the scan finishes after a scheduled scan, it shows the system restore point is being created dialog and then it goes away, saying it created a restore point, it opens the main program because it says there were threats detected...with the sound I selected. Then when the program opens in full view, it has a green check mark that says no threats were detected. I have it set to scan for only spyware check, so at first I thought it was cookies, and because it was minor spybot was reporting nothing was wrong. However, I only have it scan for spyware, not cookies. so this cannot be the case. Both sounds are very different, I made sure the right one was selected 2 times for each event. I have checked twice, and the only thing I can think of there is something wrong with being able to choose a sound for a certain event? NOTE: this problem only occurs during the scheduled scan, during regular scans my computer plays the right sound that nothing was detected and I see the green check mark saying everything is ok...Only during the scheduled scans does this situation occur on my 2 XP home computers. During regular scanning this problem doesn't exist. I think there is a major problem with the scheduled scan function, i have sent a bug report to spybot but have never received a response. Also, after updating spybot it hangs for awhile and then returns working fine after 1 minute. I am hoping anyone can offer a solution? I also was going to tell about the slow startup after clicking the program, but i see that in the forums spybot is working on that.
Oh, and btw, I have windows XP home edition, (on both this computer, and the other one I am experiencing the same problem.) with a 2.50 ghz processor and 760 Mb of ram. Teatimer is activated, latest updates have been downloaded.