Thread: I am having promblems with the sheduler in spybot

Unhappy I am having promblems with the sheduler in spybot

The scheduled scans are saying spyware was detected, and then it says no spyware was found! I set sounds for when spyware is detected and when everything is ok. I checked that both the sounds I have set are very different for each event. And after the scan finishes after a scheduled scan, it shows the system restore point is being created dialog and then it goes away, saying it created a restore point, it opens the main program because it says there were threats detected...with the sound I selected. Then when the program opens in full view, it has a green check mark that says no threats were detected. I have it set to scan for only spyware check, so at first I thought it was cookies, and because it was minor spybot was reporting nothing was wrong. However, I only have it scan for spyware, not cookies. so this cannot be the case. Both sounds are very different, I made sure the right one was selected 2 times for each event. I have checked twice, and the only thing I can think of there is something wrong with being able to choose a sound for a certain event? NOTE: this problem only occurs during the scheduled scan, during regular scans my computer plays the right sound that nothing was detected and I see the green check mark saying everything is ok...Only during the scheduled scans does this situation occur on my 2 XP home computers. During regular scanning this problem doesn't exist. I think there is a major problem with the scheduled scan function, i have sent a bug report to spybot but have never received a response. Also, after updating spybot it hangs for awhile and then returns working fine after 1 minute. I am hoping anyone can offer a solution? I also was going to tell about the slow startup after clicking the program, but i see that in the forums spybot is working on that.
    Oh, and btw, I have windows XP home edition, (on both this computer, and the other one I am experiencing the same problem.) with a 2.50 ghz processor and 760 Mb of ram. Teatimer is activated, latest updates have been downloaded.

Unhappy btw i forgot to mention

its the newest spybot 1.5 that i am using on both the computers that this problem is occurring on. all updates downloaded. thanks, i hope someone can help me.

Unhappy sigh* im sry for posting another thing...

um, spybot just detected a spyware item on the regular scan method and after removing it, all my programs in the add remove are gone! so i restored the computer back before it detected and deleted it and everything is fine now. my computer and everything is ok, all the programs show up in the add remove programs now. however, spybot keeps detecting it and I'm wondering if i should be worried about it. it's a registry key. i am attaching the log file of what was found. I'm sorry about all these postings guys, i just hope one of you can give me help to fix these problems. I have never had problems with spybot before, until i upgraded to version 1.5. i like it alot and if i could keep this version and fix these probs. i would appreciate it. but with the scheduler problem, it is getting rather annoying. please please if anyone of you could help, i would appreciate it. Or somehow let spybot guys know i am having this issue, because i have contacted them several times and have received no help......sigh* thanx for reading my post.....

LOG: it wouldn't fit the size of the log was to big so i gotta paste the whole thing.

It says this spyware makes u desktop go weird and such, however i don't have any computer problems(just the spybot ones i mentioned)-until i removed the thing using spybot. false positive?

--- Search result list ---
    Smitfraud-C.: [SBI $72299D84] Settings (Registry key, nothing done)
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\

User abort!: Scan was not completed successfully. ()

--- Spybot - Search & Destroy version: 1.5 (build: 20070830) ---

2007-08-31 blindman.exe (1.0.0.6)
    2007-08-31 SDMain.exe (1.0.0.4)
    2007-08-31 SDUpdate.exe (1.0.6.4)
    2007-08-31 SDWinSec.exe (1.0.0.8)
    2007-08-31 SpybotSD.exe (1.5.1.15)
    2007-08-31 TeaTimer.exe (1.5.0.9)
    2007-05-26 unins000.exe (51.41.0.0)
    2007-10-05 unins001.exe (51.46.0.0)
    2007-08-31 Update.exe (1.4.0.5)
    2007-08-31 advcheck.dll (1.5.3.0)
    2007-04-02 aports.dll (2.1.0.0)
    2005-05-31 borlndmm.dll (7.0.4.453)
    2005-05-31 delphimm.dll (7.0.4.453)
    2007-04-02 DelZip179.dll (1.79.5.3)
    2007-08-31 SDHelper.dll (1.5.0.8)
    2007-08-31 Tools.dll (2.1.2.0)
    2005-05-31 UnzDll.dll (1.73.1.1)
    2005-05-31 ZipDll.dll (1.73.2.0)
    2007-10-31 Includes\Cookies.sbi (*)
    2007-10-31 Includes\Dialer.sbi (*)
    2007-10-31 Includes\DialerC.sbi (*)
    2007-08-29 Includes\Hijackers.sbi (*)
    2007-10-31 Includes\HijackersC.sbi (*)
    2007-10-04 Includes\Keyloggers.sbi (*)
    2007-10-31 Includes\KeyloggersC.sbi (*)
    2004-11-29 Includes\LSP.sbi (*)
    2007-10-24 Includes\Malware.sbi (*)
    2007-10-31 Includes\MalwareC.sbi (*)
    2007-10-24 Includes\PUPS.sbi (*)
    2007-10-31 Includes\PUPSC.sbi (*)
    2007-10-31 Includes\Revision.sbi (*)
    2007-05-30 Includes\Security.sbi (*)
    2007-10-31 Includes\SecurityC.sbi (*)
    2007-10-24 Includes\Spybots.sbi (*)
    2007-10-31 Includes\SpybotsC.sbi (*)
    2007-08-21 Includes\Tracks.uti
    2007-11-01 Includes\Trojans.sbi (*)
    2007-10-31 Includes\TrojansC.sbi (*)
    2008-12-24 Plugins\TCPIPAddress.dll

--- System information ---
    Windows XP (Build: 2600) Service Pack 2 (5.1.2600)
    All updates downloaded.
    Avast! antiviruis
    zonealarm firewall
    adaware
    windows defender
    teatimer, spybot search and destroy
    Last edited by 129260; 2007-11-04 at 03:36.

--- Search result list ---
    Smitfraud-C.: [SBI $72299D84] Settings (Registry key, nothing done)
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\

User abort!: Scan was not completed successfully. ()

Try checking for updates.There was a small update issued for that,I believe.
    More info in these threads:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=19695
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=19473
    Last edited by Zenobia; 2007-11-04 at 20:35.

Arrow thanks for your responce!!

thanx alot. do you have any idea about the scheduler problems though? thanks.

You're welcome.
    No,sorry,I don't.The only thing similar I could find had to do with Spybot detecting tracks/not detecting tracks between a manual scan and a scheduled scan,but nothing with sounds,and I believe if Spybot is scanning for tracks,it plays the sound for no threats detected,though I didn't check that out yet.
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=12093
    Though,to check,after the scheduled scan runs and you get the green checkmark,with the congratulations message,is there anything listed below that in green?

Exclamation thanks for your help and responce! :)

and no, nothing is displayed under no problems found with the green check mark. it looks just like it does in the normal scan, yet in the scheduled scan it acts like threats have been detected, yet nothing shows up. Like i said before, in normal scanning the right sound plays, the box for creating a restore point doesn't come up, and all that. In the scheduled the restore point being created pops up after the scan, and the green check mark is displayed, and it makes the sound that i have set for threats detected,....so ya idk what is causing this issue. I think it might be a bug, or because of different type of system configuration? idk.

Hi.Re:your pm.Yes,sorry,I forgot about this post.

I scheduled a scan and added sounds for no threats detected/threats detected and set it to Create a restore point for when it fixed spyware/usage tracks.Spybot played the sound for no threats detected I chose,and I didn't get a popup for it setting a restore point.
    I have the helloween edition beta,I'm not sure if that would make a difference or not.I don't have two clues what it might be.
    Maybe you'll hear back about your bug report,though.I've never sent one in,so I have no idea how long it takes.But,I'd imagine they probably get alot,so maybe it takes awhile.
    Last edited by Zenobia; 2007-11-08 at 17:11.

Arrow ok, thanx for your responce. :)

ya I'm not running the Halloween's edition......idk what the reason is, i sent the bug report inside the spybot program where it says report a bug, so ya, hopefully then can figure this out. thanks alot for your help. I guess for now ill keep using the regular way of scanning for now until we can figure this prob out. I might try reinstalling it again or something. Idk, I'll wait for a response from the bug report i sent. thanks alot for your help and time. ttyl.

Thumbs up I wanted to say i have new info now.

After updating spybot recently, I ran a scheduled scan and now the right sound is playing! however spybot still shows a creating a restore point box and then the program opens and shows no threats detected. so, it ok. it just creates restore points for no reason, but i guess thats ok. Anywaz, I'm just glad its playing the right sound now. This whole thing was very weird but ya, idk what happened and why it ended up that way, but I'm just glad after updating somehow it solved the problem. Except for the box for creating a restore point when nothing was detected, but ya. I guess i wont wry about it. If i get a response on that bug report, I would update them on whats happening. well, I guess its time to say.............

Case Closed.
    Last edited by 129260; 2007-11-10 at 04:52.