Thread: spybot freezes when fixing problems

Question spybot freezes when fixing problems

Hello, when fixing errors found ( 45 of them ), spybot
    freezes and says not responding.
    So i attempt to do this function in safe mode. I have windows NT. I am able to get to the safe mode option, but all i get is a black screen, with the safe mode in each corner. With just a black screen, i cannot get to my spybot. Please help.

I have read that you cannot start Windows NT in safe mode. I have just did all the updating in spybot as well.

Hello,

Which version of Spybot do you run?

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Hi, thanks for responding. I just downloaded your new spybot 1.5. That is the one I am having problems with.

Please help me my 8 year old daughter needs the internet to get on a school website for homework. Because i have got a virus somewhere, i have been working on this for about 2 weeks every night. I use to be her superman, but i m looking like her patric from spongebob recently.
    The computer is extremely slow. Spybot takes ten minutes just to open.
    Downloaded windows defender, found a few problems. Nowe wehn on the internet, al 30 pages open in about 1 minute, making it impossible for my daughter.

Thanks for any help.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

dwc928s4:

Quote Originally Posted by dwc928s4 View Post
    Spybot takes ten minutes just to open.
    If you go into Spybot > Help > About you will find that you are probably running Spybot – Search Destroy 1.5.1.15. There were many reports of Spybot 1.5.1.15 starting slowly. The problem has been found and fixed. See the following tracking task (which includes a link for a fix to the problem):

In addition there is another beta version of Spybot 1.5 that solves the slow start as well as other known problems that have been encountered since the original release of Spybot 1.5:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

hello,
    I tried the helloween exe. that you advised mo to do. It does start faster. However, it then finds 41 errors. Still when i tell it to fix the errors, it jumps really quick to about 1/3 green bars completed, then immediately freezes.
    What is the fix for this. I apologize. Before i thought i was running windows NT. But when i went home to do what you advised, i am actually running Windows XP. ( i have a few PC's ).
    When attempting to go to safe mode on XP, it only comes up with a black screen with the 4 safe mode in each corner. From there i cannot get to Spybot.
    Thanks in advance.