Thread: immunize

Default immunize

Hello
    I goofed. I just want Spybot S=D 7 without an real time protection or active shields. I think I never clicked Tea Timer as I think that is what that is.
    However, I clicked "Immunize" and It began this very long process of protecting, I guess.
    On the previous version I used to just click to protect all and it zipped right through saying all items are protected.
    I can't believe it would gake so long to protect so I'm sure I have made some errors.
    2 questions, please
    1-should have I clicked 'immunize' if I don't want real time protection and
    2- how do I undo the mistake I have made.
    Thank you for your help

Hello,

It is your choice to decide if you want to immunize your system or not.
    Spybot-S&D allows you to immunize your computer against some spyware. It currently offers three different immunities:

Permanent Browser immunity: Similar to JavaCools SpywareBlaster, this allows you to tweak some internal Browser settings to block the installation of known spyware (and similar threats) installers via ActiveX. Spybot-S&D is able to set all entries for those that are in its database to be blocked. If you want to distinguish, you should install SpywareBlaster.

Permanently running bad download blocker for your Browser: This is a second layer of protection. While the Permanent Immunity blocks installers by their ActiveX ID, this one blocks anything that should come through by different aspects.

Spybot-S&D might take a bit longer to immunize your system than in older versions, because it can also immuize the firefox browser.

If you do not want to have your system protected that way you can click "Undo" from the menu bar above in the immunization section of Spybot-S&D.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Default one shield

I want one program that has constant protection. There are numerous names like active shield, teatimer immunized, real time etc all which are basically doing what spywareblaster does, I believe. They are like a shield or capsule preventing rather than detecting.
    If I undo all the protection in spybot, I will have a program that detects spyware and allows me to do what I want to do with it.
    Thank you for your previous email, Sandra. I didn't want to be redundant but wanted to be sure. If this generally speaking is right, it is ok with me.
    Thank you