Thread: cannot remove spybot from Add/Remove

Default cannot remove spybot from Add/Remove

This will not remove and also when I click on tools my internet options flashes but will not work. Someone told me this is because of sypbot. Are they correct?
    Last edited by hanhams; 2007-11-10 at 16:02.

Hello,

In order to completely uninstall Spybot - Search & Destroy, please consider the following link:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/howto/uninstall.html

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

In order to completely uninstall Spybot - Search & Destroy, please consider the following link:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/howto/uninstall.html

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot
    Aaaaaaa, some explanation of what to do with that file, would be nice. I'll try.

Copy and paste that screen of text to a new Notepad (not Wordpad) document. Do a SAVE-AS to a location of your choosing with a name like SBCleanup.reg

When run, it will remove Spybot's registry entries.
    Reboot afterwards to finalize the removal.

Add/Remove programs may not take out (UN-Install) Spybot if the Tea Timer is still running. Shut that off before trying to uninstall the program.

That was an easy one, the Registry Cleanup file for Norton takes up over 1800 lines.

Cheers Mates and Happy Computing,
    The Doctor
    A person with experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument.

DrWhoFL,you just see the text when clicking the very small fix link?Are you using Firefox,or similar?If I click the very small fix in Firefox,it just shows the text for me,too.If you rightclick the link in Firefox,and Save Link As...,then it will save it as a .reg file.

But,when using Internet Explorer and saving the very small fix,it's just saved as the .reg file by default,so they can just save it and doubleclick it.
    Last edited by Zenobia; 2007-11-12 at 01:06.