Thread: Upgrade to v1.5.1.17 but keep previous updates?

Default Upgrade to v1.5.1.17 but keep previous updates?

I have just downloaded spybotsd version 1.5.1.17 because I have had problems with the version 1.5.1.15 - slow to start the program and not able to get a quick start icon. I have a dial up internet connection and want to know if it is possible to install the new version but keep all the previous updates. ie. folders - Dummies, Help, Includes, Languages, Plugins, Skins, Updates. It would take me about 1 hour to download them again. If it is possible how do I do it? Thanks to all the team for a great program.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandad View Post
    I have just downloaded spybotsd version 1.5.1.17 because I have had problems with the version 1.5.1.15 - slow to start the program and not able to get a quick start icon. I have a dial up internet connection and want to know if it is possible to install the new version but keep all the previous updates. ie. folders - Dummies, Help, Includes, Languages, Plugins, Skins, Updates. It would take me about 1 hour to download them again. If it is possible how do I do it? Thanks to all the team for a great program.
    Can I be nosy for a moment?
    I thought I was up to date, but I'm still running the .15 version of Spybot.
    Where do you get the .17 version?
    And, did it fix the slow opening problem? I just mentioned that in my last post.

Curious minds want to know

The Doctor

PS EDIT: I just went to the download page and re-downloaded the Spybot S&D program.
    It turned out to be the .15 version. Again, I'm asking, where do you find the .17 version?
    And does it fix the slow loading problem?
    Last edited by DrWhoFL; 2007-11-11 at 15:46.
    A person with experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument.

Hello.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWhoFL View Post
    Again, I'm asking, where do you find the .17 version?
    And does it fix the slow loading problem?
    Please see our beta forum, specifically this topic:
    Helloween Edition - beta 1
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=18788

Regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Thank you Tashi for answering the question above about how to get version 1.5.1.17.

I guess that no one so far has an answer to my original question and I will have to uninstall version 1.5.1.15 and install version 1.5.1.17 and then download all the data again. ie folders - Dummies, Help, Includes, Languages, Plugins, Skins, Updates. Because Spybotsd is such a great program it will be worth it even though I only have dial up.

Thanks Team.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandad View Post
    Thank you Tashi for answering the question above about how to get version 1.5.1.17.

I guess that no one so far has an answer to my original question and I will have to uninstall version 1.5.1.15 and install version 1.5.1.17 and then download all the data again. ie folders - Dummies, Help, Includes, Languages, Plugins, Skins, Updates. Because Spybotsd is such a great program it will be worth it even though I only have dial up.

Thanks Team.
    I finally found ver. .17 downloaded it and installed it right over ver. .15. NO Problem!

It works marvelous!!!! FAST loading and fast scanning.

I couldn't ask for more!

Ya gotta love these guys at Spybot S&D.

The Doctor
    A person with experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by DrWhoFL View Post
    I finally found ver. .17 downloaded it and installed it right over ver. .15. NO Problem!
    It works marvelous!!!! FAST loading and fast scanning.
    I couldn't ask for more!
    Ya gotta love these guys at Spybot S&D.
    The Doctor
    Thank you Doctor for the information. So you did not have to uninstall the previous version but just installed the latest version .17 over the top.
    If you could confirm that I will give it a go.
    Thanks.

Have installed the Helloween version v1.5.1.17 after uninstalling the previous version. It now starts quickly after clicking the desktop icon.

Even though I only have a dial up connection the updates only took 15 minutes.

However during the update there is no progress bar and I cannot get a quick start icon. Have searched the Forum but can't find any answers. I can live with these niggles. Apart from that the program works well.

Thanks to the team.

Hello,

Please try the following: run Spybot - Search & Destroy and switch to the Advanced mode via the menu item Mode. Now select 'Settings' - 'Settings' from the navigation bar on the left. There you can set desktop and quicklaunch icons by ticking the checkbox.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Hello,

Thanks for the reply Spybotsandra. I have done what you suggested but no joy. Still no quick start icon.

I have selected:
    Desktop icon - Advanced
    Quick launch icon - Advanced
    Startmenu icon - Advanced

I realise that it is not necessary to have a quick start icon but it would be nice to have one.

Thanks for your time.