Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I now have 2 Spybot S&D in Add/Remove...what to do?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

If I go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > IE Tweaks using a limited account, only the first of the three "Miscellaneous locks" on Spybot's IE tweaks page appears to be grayed out:
    • Lock Hosts file read-only as protection against hijackers
    • Lock IE start page setting against user changes (current user)
    • Lock IE control panel against opening from within IE (current user)

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Yes you're right md usa spybot fan...that's what I have also in the Limited account.

Well then, I'l interpret your both your replies as a message that all my observations with Spybot S&D 1.5 are just normal and that I need not worry about whether I've done wrong with my installation. Thanks for all the enlightenment. Just one last thing, if I have to pick from my antispyware arsenal(see my signature below), which one can I dispense with and which one best team-up with Spybot? They're a bit overkill I suspect plus my harddisk is slowly being saturated already.
    Last edited by cromwell1230; 2007-11-13 at 15:05. Reason: I didn't know there's a reply made again.
    Windows XP MCE(SP3),IE7 & FireFox3(default),HostsMan,AVG Free 8,CCleaner,MBAM,SUPERAntispyware,F-Secure BlackLight AntiRootKit,ZoneAlarm Free 7.0.483