Thread: Installing skins

Default Installing skins

I've tried everything I can think of but can not get the skins I downloaded and unzipped to show up in the program.

I extracted the files to the skins folder but even though they show up there they do not show up in the program itself.

I've searched the help section both in the program and on the website but can not find detailed, step by step instructions. I also re-booted and that didn't help.

Can someone give me some info or point me to the correct direction to accomplish this?

Thanks.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

To change the skin you are using go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > Skins. Select the skin you want to use from the pulldown menu and click the "Apply selected" button.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Thanks for the response, but that didn't seem to be the answer.

I am already running Spybot in the advanced mode and I think I didn't install the downloaded skins correctly.

Could you or someone please give me detailed instructions for installing the skins?

I extracted the download files in the Skins folder but they simply don't show up. I must be doing something wrong.

vegaspat:

I don't seem to have any problems downloading and implementing skins:
    1. I download a xxx.zip file from:
    2. Extract the paired files (xxx.ini and xxx.jpg) from the downloaded xxx.zip file into:
      • C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Skins
    3. I am then able to implement the skin by:
      1. Starting SpybotSD.exe.
      2. Going into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > Skins.
      3. Selecting the xxx skin from the pull down menu.
      4. Clicking the "Apply selected" button and the skin is immediately implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by vegaspat View Post
    Could you or someone please give me detailed instructions for installing the skins?

I extracted the download files in the Skins folder but they simply don't show up. I must be doing something wrong.
    Perhaps you could explain what you are doing.

What "downloaded files"? What files are you extracting? What "Skins folder"?

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

I'm printing off your instructions and trying again.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I downloaded skin.elven.zip and attempted to extract it to the Spybot\Skins folder. I think I am doing something wrong with the extraction part.

I'll try again.

Thanks.

Thanks to you I did make some progress. I just wasn't extracting them correctly. There are still two that won't show up but I'm not going to dwell on that. They are something to do with "butterfly" ( Pink and Green ). Can't figure out why they won't show up as the others to.

Do you know if there is a problem with those two skins?

Anyway, thanks for your time. I appreciate it.

vegaspat:

Nothing appears to be wrong with the skins ButterflyGreen and ButterflyPink. They both seem to work fine.

Perhaps there's a max that Spybot will allow under the Skins options?