I don't even know where to start this so here goes...
I have an E1705 Dell laptop that has been upgraded to Vista. It came with Nortons security installed. I have a game I play called Never Winter Nights. I hate having to pull the CD out every time I quite playing so I use Daemon Tools to create a virtual drive. Problem is Daemon tools sold out and put spyware in the program. You can choose to install without spyware but I didn't read it because I have always trusted Daemon. (My mistake!) So I installed Spybot to get rid of anything that might be hanging around after un-installing Daemon tools. Shortly after words I noticed that I couldn't connect to any wireless internet. My game played fine untill I tried to open the tool set (Used to create your own game) and it wouldn't open. NWN relies heavily on plugins. (.DLL) After playing around with msconfig I found that disabling Base Filtering Engine solved my wireless connection and some of my game problems. (Tools set opens but many of the controls are gone like Open, Save, Build etc… I think they are controlled by .DLL) I also noticed that I couldn't access Norton Firewall controls. It gave me an error that part of Norton wasn't running/restart PC and try again. With BFE on or off. No luck! So I uninstalled Norton/Spybot/Daemon tools and still have these problems. Anyone know what is going on?