Thread: Spybot S&D scan message

Default Spybot S&D scan message

While doing "search for problems" (repeated) scans with SS&D, this message always show up:
    "there were problems in the include file C:\program files\Spybot-Search_Destroy\Includes\Trojans.sbi. See 'include errors.log' for details".
    I click OK and the scan continues without any further problems - then the message: "congratulations - no problems found" concludes the scan as successful.
    Any idea or solutions to the problem msg?. Thanks.

Are you still using version 1.4 maybe?

The detection files use some mechanisms which are new in 1.5, so not every malware check will succeed with 1.4.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Question

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    Are you still using version 1.4 maybe?

The detection files use some mechanisms which are new in 1.5, so not every malware check will succeed with 1.4.
    Yes, i'm still using 1.4. Would i have to uninstall this before upgrading/installing 1.5? Many thanks.

Hello,

You can install it over the old version.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Quote Originally Posted by chukeej View Post
    Yes, i'm still using 1.4. Would i have to uninstall this before upgrading/installing 1.5? Many thanks.
    >>You can install it over the old version.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot<<

I have not uninstalled SS&D 1.4. I d/loaded 1.5 and tried to install it. I'm unable to complete installation. This is what I get: "Installation error. Error sending request. The server name or address could not be resolved".
    I have both Internet Explorer 6.0 and Mozilla Firefox 2.0installed. I'm not sure which of these browsers is the enabled default. How may I successfully complete installation of SS&D 1.5? Many thanks.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by chukeej View Post
    >>You can install it over the old version.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot<<

I have not uninstalled SS&D 1.4. I d/loaded 1.5 and tried to install it. I'm unable to complete installation. This is what I get: "Installation error. Error sending request. The server name or address could not be resolved".
    I have both Internet Explorer 6.0 and Mozilla Firefox 2.0installed. I'm not sure which of these browsers is the enabled default. How may I successfully complete installation of SS&D 1.5? Many thanks.
    I am still awaiting an answer, if any, to my above post. Would appreciate a reply. Thanks much.

Hello,

During the install Spybot tries to download the needed updates through the internet. But you can disable this function in the wizard and install them later. That should solve the problem.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot