I have never posted before, so forgive me if this is the wrong avenue. As my name indicates, I am totally lost with all things computer-related as well as the new Spybot S & D. I have used Spybot without a single problem (not even all the Tea timer problems I read about in the threads, posts, FAQs) since I got this computer in 1998 - yes, I am still running Windows 98 (SE). Yesterday and today, I upgraded to 1.5 (I do not know Beta or whatever) and kept clicking all of the windows that popped up telling me to do something. A mirror or something came up this morning with more install boxes. Now, when I try to open Spybot to check for updates or at all, the grinding sound in my CPU is different and nothing happens except many minutes later a box will pop up:

Exception EAccess violation in module SPYBOTSD.EXE @ 002B5C73 Access violation @ address 006B5C73 in module Read of address FFFFFFFF

I went to the forum/support and removed one of the Spybots in the ADD/Remove program. No luck. I have no idea how to get to a registry entry or anything other than turn on and off my computer. Is there any way to fix this or get my version 1.4 back? Thank you!