Thread: NOT Responding after Updating

Default NOT Responding after Updating

Ive never had this problem before 1.5 and have reinstalled Spybot 3 times and downloaded it from 3 diffferent sources..

After updating the Update window will not close by pressing X and will not exit usingt he button..Instead it just freezes and I have to use the task manager to shut it down...

The window title says Not Responding and even after I rerun spybot some definitions have loaded but i am still not protected by about 5000 definitions....anyone having this problem or know how to fix it?
    Thanks

ok i downloaded the halloweeen version adn it seems to be working now except i still show about 7000 things not protected but they are host files abnd ive locked em with AVG so I guess thats ok.

Default Mine does this too

Hey> i was reading some threads and yours is very close to what is happening to my computer as well when ever i update it. i too had never had this problem with any other version of spybot except for the 1.5 version. And you are right mine too also only freezes up after it is done updating itself......and the only way to get it to quit is to use the task manager. if i leave it sit for about a min or so it will start to work again; like it is almost resetting it self. are you using windows vista?

Default bjbruce1

Yes I had the same problem, some how forgot to shut it down completely and this AM brought it back up on screen and it had run it's course and as ready for immunization and all went well.
    BJB

Since my last post I selected spybot s&d to do it's thing and it has hung up at the same spot as before. I shall minimize it and check it later, see what happens.
    BJB