Thread: No Updates Available? (can't be true)

Default No Updates Available? (can't be true)

I get "No newer updates available" message now requesting updates.

I know there are updates available because I do not update all the available updated each time I do updates.

Is there a problem with updates, it should NOT be telling me there are "No newer updates available" since I have not updated all available. Also there have always been updates available very frequently since the new method of update availability has been used.

I noticed that "no server selected" status is on but I presume that this would change if there were update? I don't remember what this should look like... nothing happens when I click the button and there are no drop down servers to select as I remember has been the case in the past. I do get a message that "the connection has been established..." when I click "Search for Updates" but of course this may not be the case. I mention this as a possible issue.

I did have updates available as recently as 2 weeks ago. I have not upgraded or change anything on my computer except that I restored the registry to the previous version. So unless restoring the registry there is nothing changed that would cause a problem.

I am using Version 1.3 since it works for me (with WIN98SE I have found that software upgrades are generally problematic since less focus or emphasize is placed on older OS's).

Last edited by caterwaul; 2007-12-09 at 00:01.

I have no idea where the "edit" button went so I am adding to the thread.

As far as the registry restore I can't see how that can be an issue after all since I only restored the registry back to 4 days prior (12/3/07 from 12/7/07) and I had not done any Spybot updates since that registry setting 4 days prior on 12/3/07..

Problem solved itself...
    Last edited by caterwaul; 2007-12-09 at 01:03. Reason: Double post

Lightbulb Problem Solved

Problem solved itself...

After about 6 attempts over a period of 20 minutes of getting "No new updates available" messages the updates showed up as they usually do (without doing anything different or making any changes).

I can only assume when I have gotten the message that "the connection has been established..." that this was not true. I noticed the server status shows the connection established now as well when the updates showed up so I can then rely on the fact that if "no server selected" status is showing there really is "no connection" even if Spybot says there is. This is of course assuming that a connection was the issue in the first place.

So if anyone else get's "No new updates available" message but can see that there is "no server selected" then I presume the user can assume a connection was NOT actually established and to try again (later).