Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TeaTimer taking 30 mb of ram

ttt...anyone from Spybot know what's going on here?

thx...

Dixie

Arrow Bump

bumpin this thread up so they see it.

Exclamation i have a solution everyone!! :)

I think i found out the prob. one of these 2 should fix it.
    First, next to the clock, (your system tray) right click teatimer and click exit. now open up my computer, go to the c drive, (or wherever spybot is located) go to program files, and spybot search and destroy, then double click teatimer. You see, after alot of program installations, addons, things you change on your computer, etc. teatimer keeps a list of all the things that were done, allowed, and not allowed. So over time that list gets rather big and causes teatimer to take more ram. At least, thats my theory. IF THAT DOESN'T WORK: Try installing the latest spybot beta, new years eve edition. ater installing this version, my teatimer is only using 01 cpu and 3664k. Thats a major improvement!! Sadly, i dont know which one worked for me, because i did the first soulution, but then forgot to check the ram usage. But hey, try both, and if your ok with doing betas, download the newest one (new years eve) found here:

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=22299

HOPE THAT HELPS EVERYONE
    Last edited by 129260; 2008-01-26 at 01:24.

I'm not sure what you mean by going to My Computer, then Program Files and then double-clicking on TeaTimer. I've used SpyBot S&D for many years and there is no TeaTimer program to click on. However, if you mean to just turn off TeaTimer and then turn it back on in the settings by checking the box for TeaTimer in Tools/Resident, I know how to do that. But, as I said, I know of no way to double-click on TeaTimer to start it, stop it, or anything else. My TeaTimer had been using more resources than anyone else's here and I have been wondering about that. In fact, that's why I came to this forum. But I did to a OS reinstall a couple weeks ago and, if you are correct, that may be the source of the problem. I'll soon see.

Hello,

The thread is nearly two years old. So I would suggest to open up a new one the next time.
    About your problem:
    When the computer is running for a long time without a standby, reboot, or shutdown memory consumption of a (refers to any) can slightly increase.

It's taking that much because TeaTimer is a Resident Shield that actively protects you from malware. I would suggest you reboot and see how it goes. Usually TeaTimer will take up 35-50MB of RAM. Seeing that modern PCs built today have more RAM and resources, 80MB should be nothing.

If this does not help you can disable TeaTimer as follows:
    - Go into Spybot - Mode - Advanced Mode - Tools - Resident.
    - Uncheck the following: Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) Active.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot