Thread: Don't get the latest updates

Question Don't get the latest updates

When I try to update my SpyBot I don't get the one from January 27th which is the one I think I need. When I try to run SpyBot it stops running and in the progress line it stops at 6690/34681 coolwwwsearch. It stays there and won't go any further. I have tried to update it several times and it never goes past the December, 2005 updates. What do I do about this? What I don't understand though is that I have ran my pc-cillin scans and a couple of on-line scans and they say my computer is clean. I even downloaded the CWShredder and it said it removed the CWS.Msconfig but then a sign pops up saying: resident denied the change of MSConfig (category System Startup global entry) based on your black list. I don't know what my black list is! I think I need help. :o

Dell Dimension E510
    Windows XP
    Media Center Edition
    Version 2002
    Service pack 2

Esteemed Member

Oobagah:

Based on the symptom of hanging at 6690/34681 coolwwwsearch and the fact that your Dell Dimension E510 supports HyperThreading Technology (IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processors with HT Technology);
    http://www1.us.dell.com/content/prod...pecstab#tabtop

I'm going to recommend you try the following as written by md usa spybot fan:

To see if HyperThreading Technology is the cause of Spybot hanging please try running Spybot on one CPU as follows:
    • Open Spybot, then leave it alone
    • Open Task Manager, and go to the Processes tab
    • Right-click on SpybotSD.exe, and choose "Set Affinity..."
    • On the box that comes up, check/uncheck boxes so that ONLY "CPU 0" is checked.
    • Go back to the already-open Spybot, and run a scan.

Hopefully Spybot will complete without hanging or losing responsiveness.
    Please return and let us know the results.

your topic name scared me i thought something was wrong with the newest update i was like aaaah i just downloaded them haha

it's now safe to get the latest spybot detection updates. the ones I have now are dated February 3, 2006.