Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Different immunizations if running as administrator

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    Which Windows are you using? Spybot-S&D starts in the profiles folder and looks for all user folders in there, loading their registry hives and locating specific paths from those, so that even changed appdata paths shouldn't hinder it. Maybe you could also use regedit while Spybot-S&D is running to see if other users registry hives are actually mounted.
    XP Pro on a network. Firefox profiles are stored on drive U:, which is the network user's home folder on the server. Logged in as administrator, drive U: is mapped to the ADMIN's U: drive and the USERS' U-drives are not available, at least not under that drive letter, so SSD has no way to find them nor to immunize them.

Same situation might apply, I think, on any XP or Vista system where the user's files were deemed "private".

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    The admin level warning is a Windows function that's designed mostly for Vista I guess, where even admins need to make sure they run apps elevated if they want admin rights. So the text was written with that in mind, I'll take another look at it in this context.

Basing the warning on the number of open immunizations sounds like a good idea as well. I logged that as a feature request here:
    Immunization: warn about missing admin rights only if unimmunized

Which Windows are you using? Spybot-S&D starts in the profiles folder and looks for all user folders in there, loading their registry hives and locating specific paths from those, so that even changed appdata paths shouldn't hinder it. Maybe you could also use regedit while Spybot-S&D is running to see if other users registry hives are actually mounted.
    ]

The problem is that Firefox profiles that belong to other users and are stored on the network can't be found by Spybot S&D because the drive mappings are different for different users -- each user's Firefox profile is stored in "Drive U:", and the U: drive is different if you're the Admin vs when you're a user.

IMHO there needs to be a way to have Spybot S&D immunize the user-specific settings from the command-line as a user and not throw out error messages for stuff it can't change, sort of like a "/s == silent" command-line switch.