Thread: I have question

Thumbs up I have question

the Camfrog Video Chat 3.6 It's spyware or not
    the camfrog it's very obscure

regard:beerbeerb
    camfrog site
    Last edited by tashi; 2006-02-06 at 06:16. Reason: Disabled url so it doesnt look like spam. ;-)

Hello UNIX2100.
    Do you have any reason to believe it is spyware, I don't see any indication on the site that it is.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Exclamation

yes I have some resson in file program file camfrog there is some file strange file the name of file ((ulrcaller)) I think it's spy file to send info about my computer and privcey to camfrog server (COLLECT info)

the dirctory of this file C:\Program Files\Camfrog\Camfrog Video Chat 3.6\ulrcaller

some times this file acctive surprise and the Fire wall ask me to allow this file to coonect in intarnet IAm block him

thank you
    Last edited by UNIX2100; 2006-02-06 at 17:05.

Hi.
    It could be an url catcher similar to the one in an irc client but I am not sure.
    Can you still use the program if you deny ulrcaller access to the internet?

Open Spybot>Help>About
    Let us know the version and latest detection update.

Thanks.

spybot ver 1.4
    last update in 3\2\2006

Quote Originally Posted by tashi
    It could be an url catcher similar to the one in an irc client but I am not sure.
    Can you still use the program if you deny ulrcaller access to the internet?
    If you would like someone to check out your system:

• Open SpyBot, check for and get any updates available.
    • Close all browsers, check for problems and fix everything found in red
    • Then on the toolbar menu select mode and switch to advanced mode, on the left lower down select tools, and view report, ensure all the options are selected near the bottom except
    • Uncheck[ ] do not report disabled or known legitimate Items.
    • uncheck[ ] Include a list of services in report.
    • Uncheck[ ] Include uninstall list in report.
    • Now select (near the top) view report.
    • Press export in the save in box choose a place such as your my documents folder, then in your next post near the bottom select the "browse" button; navigate to and attach or post that report please.

Regards.

Attachment 341
    this is log file *

thank you
    Last edited by UNIX2100; 2006-02-10 at 01:19.

Esteemed Member

At http://www.camfrog.com/

the privacy policy link states

Privacy policy

Camfrog does not sell, trade or give away any of your information. We do not and, will not do any telemarketing. Your phone number is only used to contact you in case of an issue with your order. We aren't going to give the email address from your order to obnoxious spammers or anyone else.
    If you use our "invite a friend to video chat" feature , we will not share your email address or the email address of the person you invite with any other companies. If anyone were to ever buy Camfrog (we are privately held and not for sale, so it's pretty unlikely), then they would own your contact information, but would also be required to follow these same policies as terms of the sale.

Please be aware when you fill out a profile in the Camfrog wizard the information you submit will be in a public directory. Any person who visits the Camfrog.com website can then see your nickname, name, age, email address, photo, and any other information you submit.

Camfrog reserves the right to change its privacy policy so be sure and check it often.

Also, the No Spyware/no adware link states:

Camfrog doesn't include Spyware or Adware.

Camfrog is against all forms of spyware or adware. Spyware is software that gathers information about what you do on the Internet. Adware is software that can cause you to have annoying pop-up windows on your computer. Both of these terrible additions to software can cause problems for your computer and violate your privacy.

Camfrog does have a small ad banner in the free version of Camfrog Video Chat, and Camfrog Video Chat Room Server, but it does not have any pop-up windows and does not track where you go on the Internet.

Unhappy Camfrog tracks click in chat rooms

Recently camfrog started tracking clicks in the chat rooms. Every link is redirected through camfrog.com?url=[url] instead of going straight to the destination. I don't see anywhere in the Privacy Policy where they say they will monitor clickstream activity. I guess this won't bother some people, but it does appear to be a privacy violation.

Regards
    James