Thread: help - newly downloaded SB interferes with Zinio Reader authentification

Default help - newly downloaded SB interferes with Zinio Reader authentification

Help anyone.... I just reinstalled SBS&D which I had uninstalled some time ago. Now I cannot access magazines delivered online such as Science magazine which is important (to me) and not inexpensive.... I get error message #22 and followed all of the procedures such as reinstalling Zinio reader. Zinio Reader KB says that this problem then is due to a conflict with internet security software (SBS&D) interfering with the authentification Zinio process and to get into internet security software and full access for Zinio read exe's. I cannot see how to do that. H E L P ?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

What version of Spybot - Search & Destroy are you running (Spybot > Help > About)?

If you are running Spybot 1.5 and activated Spybot's Resident SDHelper during the installation, check the "SDHelper.log" to make sure that nothing is being blocked while attempting to authenticate. There a couple of ways to access the "SDHelper.log":
    1. Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Tools > View Reports > View Previous reports. Select the "SDHelper.log" file and open it.
    2. Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the SDHelper.log file located in one of the following directories:
      • Windows 95 or 98:
        C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
      • Windows ME:
        C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
      • Windows NT, 2000 or XP:
        C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
      • Windows Vista:
        C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs

Double click on SDHelper.log file and it should open with Notepad.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.