Thread: spybot 1.5 and XP

Question spybot 1.5 and XP

Hello all:

I am new here--thx for the opportunity to post. My old computer ran spybot 1.4 flawlessly the whole time (over 3 years) I used it---no problems. It ran on xp on a 2ghz system with 756 ram. I downloaded and installed 1.5 afgter uninstalling 1.4 and I had a very hard time getting it to open---I would double click the icon---and--it would not open. After retrying 4 or 5 times it finally opened. I uninstalled and reinstalled---same problem.

I now have a state of the atr system still running XP---will NOT ungrade to flawed VISTA. I have the same problem getting spybot to open.

I uninstalled and figured before I retry---I would post my problem here.

If no one can help with this---can someone please get me the 1.4 install file so I can at least continue to use spybot?

Thx very much---peace!

Hello,

We already have located the startup problems in Spybot S&D version 1.5 and fixed it.
    Here is the download file for the fix - the new Spybot beta.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

thx very much---will download

Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Arrow

Is this the delayed response starting issue with SD1.5? I noticed after installing and updating SD1.5, when I would click on it to start it, my fans would spin up to wide-open, due to the CPU getting hot, as though I was playing Oblivion or something. After thirty seconds or so, the fans spin down and SD1.5 displays the progress bar and starts. If this is now fixed, I will update.
    QuadCore 3.0GHz (1333MHz FSB), 8GB DDR3/1333MHz (Dual-Channel), Dual nVidia GTX295 2GB VRAM, SB X-Fi Gamer PCI-E
    P4/3.20GHz HT (800MHz FSB), 2GB DDR/400MHz (Dual-Channel), nVidia7800GS 256MB, Audigy II w/4.1 Speakers

Hello,

Yes that's the case.
    If you will upgrade the problem will be fixed.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot