Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No more immunizations for Spybot version 1.4?

I uninstalled my 1.4 version and installed the one I saved from Sandra's link and there is absolutely no change whatsoever.

Took all the updates, checked to immunize, nothing had changed at all.

For the longest time, Spybot always found the Microsoft Security Center information that I had turned off and warned me about it.

Now, it stopped finding that, right about the same time the immunizations stopped.

I have made no changes at all to my computer or its settings. I know others who are running the same version yet and they too are not getting any current immunizations.

I'll wait to see what happens with tomorrows updates, but I don't look to see any new immunizations offered like they had been.

It would be interesting to know, from those still running v1.4, if they are still showing 41555 as all the immunizations on their systems too.

Something happened somewhere along the line to change things. I'd just like to know what it was.

I'm sure this is not normal.

And once again, I will not try the new version yet. Not on this old computer. I cannot afford to be trying new software and from what I have been reading anyway, too many people with better, newer, and faster PC's than what I have, are still having problems!

The security center stuff should have been optimized (I'll have to check whether it really has, I just took place in making plans on how to do it), so that it would only show if no other security application that changes that setting is installed.

I'll have to ask about the immunization count, or better wait until Buster is back tomorrow, he'll know when it has been updated last etc..

Btw, the final 1.5.2 is finished, sent to mirrors already, should be out very soon
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Lightbulb gotcha

ya hopefully they can give you an answer soon man. and fyi mostly everyone that tried the new beta are not experiencing many probs. I have experienced any at all. But the final version will be out soon like they said above, so just wait

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    The security center stuff should have been optimized (I'll have to check whether it really has, I just took place in making plans on how to do it), so that it would only show if no other security application that changes that setting is installed.

I'll have to ask about the immunization count, or better wait until Buster is back tomorrow, he'll know when it has been updated last etc..

Btw, the final 1.5.2 is finished, sent to mirrors already, should be out very soon
    PepiMK, not sure I understand what you meant about the security center stuff being optimized though. Are you saying it should not show up anymore?

I do know that when it didn't show up for the first time in a long time, I went and checked and somehow, the settings had been changed to notify me and I always keep that turned off. I do better without having all that garbage in my systray area.
    As I said, I have not changed or added anything at all to my PC, other than Windows updates earlier this month.

Will appreciate to know what you all have to say about the immunize numbers too.

I'll keep an eye out for the answer in this thread, thanks!

Okay, one last question. IF and when I get brave and decide to try the newest version, will all the fixes and updates be available in one download and will further fixes be available through updates or would you need to check here and take more downloads?

Thanks again!

Lightbulb i think she means....

"PepiMK, not sure I understand what you meant about the security center stuff being optimized though. Are you saying it should not show up anymore?"

i think she is saying it should detect it fine, and let you know if a change was made in the security center without your consent. Meaning, it should still show up in the scan results, unless you chose to ignore it. after ignoring it it shouldn't show up again.

"Okay, one last question. IF and when I get brave and decide to try the newest version, will all the fixes and updates be available in one download and will further fixes be available through updates or would you need to check here and take more downloads?"

Usually fixes for spybot are found here in the forums, (on the main spybot page the final version is displayed, meaning no beta's.) they are not downloaded from the program directly. That would be nice, but hey this program is free, so I'm not going to complain The release that is coming out tomorrow will no longer be a beta i believe, (final version) with all fixes included. (for example-the slow startup of spybot, and the teatimer bugs.) If you experience any problems in the future with spybot, you should come back to the forums, and check if a beta fix is available for your problem. As always, if you have a prob in the future, search the forums for it, and if you cant find your prob. make a new thread.
    Last edited by 129260; 2008-01-30 at 04:21.

Well, not sure what happened but the immunize numbers did finally go up.

I took the 2 updates, then clicked on Immunize and got the message that all known products were already blocked, so I went and clicked again on Immunize (by the green plus sign on top) and this time it said 41637 are now blocked.

So, looks like it is back to immunizing again, just doing it differently than before.
    Before I would get a message saying there were x number that were blcoked and it would tell me to immunize. Looks like this is something that is being automatically done the first time now without the extra step.

Thanks!!

As for the security center thing, still confused on that. If I have the SC turned off, I should get a notice from Spybot when I run the scan, but I don't get that anymore.

Arrow great!!

happy to hear that man.
    "As for the security center thing, still confused on that. If I have the SC turned off, I should get a notice from Spybot when I run the scan, but I don't get that anymore."

When you turn the security center off yourself, you dont have it check anything, or your firewall and antiviruis turn it off, you wont be notified. You will only be notified when a change that happens within security center that was without your consent. It is also possible you ignored the alert, by right clicking the result and clicking ignore, and u just forgot. ether way, i don't believe it is anything to wry about. Just make sure you are running a firewall and antiviruis, and anti spyware programs.

Quote Originally Posted by 129260 View Post
    happy to hear that man.
    "As for the security center thing, still confused on that. If I have the SC turned off, I should get a notice from Spybot when I run the scan, but I don't get that anymore."

When you turn the security center off yourself, you dont have it check anything, or your firewall and antiviruis turn it off, you wont be notified. You will only be notified when a change that happens within security center that was without your consent. It is also possible you ignored the alert, by right clicking the result and clicking ignore, and u just forgot. ether way, i don't believe it is anything to wry about. Just make sure you are running a firewall and antiviruis, and anti spyware programs.
    Hi again.

I have to disagree with your assessment of the security center issue.

I have gone in and checked several times prior to running a scan and it has been shut off yet, I was still notified by Spybot.

This last time, after taking the latest Windows updates, the security center notification HAD changed, and yet I wasn't notified this time by Spybot.
    If, the Windows update changed my settings for some reason, is Spybot reading that as something that I did myself? If so, that isn't right.

So, do you see the confusion?

When I would get the warning, I would go ahead, without thinking and tell Spybot to fix it. Then, when I would start getting notices about updates etc, I would go in and see what happened after I let Spybot fix the warning. Understandably stupid at times! So, I just didn't fix it anymore.
    However, even after I had shut down the SC, I was still getting notified by Spybot.

Here is from my last notification from Spybot, from the Jan 4th log, this year.

04.01.2008 10:16:40 - ##### check started #####
    04.01.2008 10:16:40 - ### Version: 1.4
    04.01.2008 10:16:40 - ### Date: 1/4/2008 10:16:40 AM
    04.01.2008 10:16:41 - ##### checking bots #####
    04.01.2008 10:51:08 - found: Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter.UpdateDisableNotify Settings
    I had/have nothing set to ignore so that wasn't it. I don't tend to fool with the settings too much in these programs. The default settings ususally work pretty good for me.

My only concern was that the program simply wasn't running the same as it had been for a while, that's all.

I am constantly amazed at the number of people who state they don't use either a firewall or AV programs.

I have both and would not even consider going online without either one of them.

Good grief, that would be like running around naked outside and the current temp here is 17 degrees F!!

Post ok with u so far now....

"I have to disagree with your assessment of the security center issue.

I have gone in and checked several times prior to running a scan and it has been shut off yet, I was still notified by Spybot.

This last time, after taking the latest Windows updates, the security center notification HAD changed, and yet I wasn't notified this time by Spybot.
    If, the Windows update changed my settings for some reason, is Spybot reading that as something that I did myself? If so, that isn't right.

So, do you see the confusion?"

yes i do, your right, that is odd. I guess i didn't get what you said completely before. hmm, so it no longer detects a change, and doesn't notify you, when before it did? weird.
    Well, i have no prob. admitting i have run out of things to tell u, sry.
    Maybe a spybot team member can help you with this better. GOOD LUCK!!
    Last edited by 129260; 2008-01-31 at 04:55.

Quote Originally Posted by 129260 View Post
    yes i do, your right, that is odd. I guess i didn't get what you said completely before. hmm, so it no longer detects a change, and doesn't notify you, when before it did? weird.
    Yep, that's exactly what it is.

It could be just something fluky with the security center also, after all, we ARE dealing with Microsoft! LOL

Hopefully, someone from the team will be able to address this. I know PepiMK did mention it in his last post.

Not losing sleep over it, just want to know if something was changed on Spybot's end to make it act differently, that's all.