Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this truly the final version of 1.5.2?

My bad. Ignore my previous post. I totally mis-understood what spybotsandra was saying, and could not delete my previous post. Really glad that the startup problem has been fixed in 1.5.2.

spybotsandra corrected a typo, you were fast.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Quote Originally Posted by duvallite View Post
    My bad. Ignore my previous post. I totally mis-understood what spybotsandra was saying, and could not delete my previous post. Really glad that the startup problem has been fixed in 1.5.2.
    It was first fixed in the 1.5.2 RC release I recently beta-tested, duvallite. No more spybot startup lag problems. so the fix should also be there in the final release.

I'll get the final release of spybot 1.52 ASAP and try that out.

I suppose we'll have to wait until tomorrow to get an official new features\change log\bug fixes thread?

The whole team here did nothing but click through everything for the past days. I remember seeing MisterW for example even clicking through the blind user mode things, and complaining about bad translations.

Another RC would've meant another two weeks at least, and thanks to the slow startup problem, a new version was really due. And hey, it's a bit different than 1.4, because we now still intend to have at least maintenance releases every few months Ok, it has been 5 instead of 3 months, but in parallel to working on new stuff, we'll continue patching things in the 1.5 codebase and another 1.5 will be available in a few months (not 2 years)

For more chances for testing though, we're currently looking into making our daily snapshots available automatically.

As for a change log, searching the project tools with a filter for 1.5.1 as the affected version and 1.5.2 for the addresses version gives a rough overview before we've created a nice public list; here is a link that should give that list (including pre-1.5.2 betas as affected versions might give more results, but some of them are just temporary bugs found in the beta, not in earlier versions).
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)