Thread: unease about reg changes

Default unease about reg changes

hi there. my computer literacy is thin at best so I'm not sure what to make of these alerts (which i have already agreed to ) are normal. they look a bit strange to me. this is a copy of the last few entries in the log. I'm also going to try uploading a picture of how one of them appeared in the desktop.

29/01/2008 23:13:41 Allowed (based on user decision) value "Local Page" (new data: "%SystemRoot%\system32\blank.htm") changed in Browser page!
    29/01/2008 23:13:46 Allowed (based on user decision) value "BootExecute" (new data: "autocheck autochk *
    ") changed in Session manager!
    29/01/2008 23:13:47 Allowed (based on user decision) value "ExcludeFromKnownDlls" (new data: "") changed in Session manager!
    29/01/2008 23:13:48 Allowed (based on user decision) value "BootExecute" (new data: "autocheck autochk *
    ") changed in Session manager!
    29/01/2008 23:14:08 Allowed (based on user decision) value "ExcludeFromKnownDlls" (new data: "") changed in Session manager!

should i deny these changes?
    thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Hello,

That is the resident TeaTimer - the realtime protection of Spybot - Search & Destroy.
    Please read this information about TeaTimer:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/33.html
    and http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/34.html
    If you surf the web and without any user interaction the teatimer pops up and warns about a registry change it is better to "deny", but if you install something by yourself it is OK to "allow" the change.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Those are the same entries I was getting but then I installed the Tea Timer Bug fix and they went away. Though now the 1.5.2 version is out, installing that should help.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!