Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: incompatibility with a program

Smile incompatibility with a program

Hello. I have downloaded yesterday the last version of spybot and I have find out that it does not work if I have in my computer a spyware called spyanytime (golden eye) installed. I need this spyware but I have made checked and realise that spybot works perfectly only if this spyware in not installed (no only inactivated, it has to be not installed at all for spybot to work) In the configuration I have checked the case of golden eye in order to spybot not to consider it as a spyware, but still as soon as I re-install spyanytime spybot stop working, I cannot open it it gives mi a mensage error of fatal error. Can you help me? I need this spyware on my pc, I have it since a long time and it never gave me any problem. thank you for your help

Hello.

I don't see how an invisible keylogger that secretly tracks activities on the local and remote computer, such as keystroke, password, web sites, etc. could be compatible with an antispyware program.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Lightbulb why do u need spyware?

why would u need this keylogger? u want other ppl to know what your doing all the time on your computer?

Default thank you for answering

why would u need this keylogger? u want other ppl to know what your doing all the time on your computer?

thank you for answering, but did`nt you think that maybe it's ME that want to know what are the others doing on my pc This programme does not allow people entering in my computer remotely, it just "spy" my pc from inside

Default hello tashi

Hello.

I don't see how an invisible keylogger that secretly tracks activities on the local and remote computer, such as keystroke, password, web sites, etc. could be compatible with an antispyware program.

thanks for the comment, but then what is spybot for if it is not to find and alert you about any spyware on your pc. If I have one that I do not know of and as you say spybot or any antispyware program is imcompatible with, how could he detect it. I don't know if I express myself well (I am not english speaking mother tongue, sorry), any anti spyware programm should be compatible with any spyware programm in order to detect it.....o no?
    Last edited by ambre; 2008-02-13 at 16:06.

Wink spybot scans for threats (spyware)

It also detects keyloggers and some instances of malware. I am not understanding your question. Do you mean that spybot is not detecting a threat on your computer? Or do you mean spybot is not deleting it? Explain your question more please.

Lightbulb so let me get this straight....

Quote Originally Posted by ambre View Post

thank you for answering, but did`nt you think that maybe it's ME that want to know what are the others doing on my pc This programme does not allow people entering in my computer remotely, it just "spy" my pc from inside
    you installed a keylogger on your computer to spy on other users and what there doing on your pc? Is that correct? And is spybot detecting it and you don't want to remove it? if so right click the item, (the keylogger) in the scan results and click ignore product.

Hello ambre.

I see your point, I left a note about this for our detectives.

Cheers.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Cool lol im glad u saw it tashi

cause i sure wasen't gettin it lol.

Hello ambre,

could you please tell us where exactly you downloaded your spyware and which version you are using? There appear to be various verisons of commercial Spyware which call themselves Golden Eye , Spyanytime or similar.
    Some spywares are able to detect when an anti spyware tool like Spybot S&D is running and shuts it down. Some are also able to stop the download or installation of Spybot S&D. They usually do this by checking the filename, process name, file handle, window title or similar.
    I would consider any software that sabotages security software a malware and would not trust it. Since this malware is able to disable security software and can spy on local users , you have absolutely no guarantee that is does not do more harm or even spy on you as well.
    Pleae consider these points:
    • can you fully controll your Spyware? Disable it as you please?
    • can you control if it has internet connections in background?
    • can other users on your PC use it against you?
    • are there other ways to remotely use your computer?
    born in the shadow to die in the shadow, that is the fate of the shinobi

Spybot S&D Downloads

Please help us improve Spybot and download our distributed testing client.